Similar decks to the Playing Card Oracle?

Bernice

Hi Rinemaidan,

There's a thread here for The Key To The Kingdom cards. They're very open to interpretation for divination :) I checked the history on a few of the rhymes, and came up with some possible meanings for the cards. Here's the thread;

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=113180

Bee :)

Rhinemaiden

Bernice said:
Hi Rinemaidan,

There's a thread here for The Key To The Kingdom cards. They're very open to interpretation for divination :) I checked the history on a few of the rhymes, and came up with some possible meanings for the cards. Here's the thread;

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=113180

Thanks, Bee! You've opened me to a real treasure! THANK YOU! :D

Bernice

I forgot! There's another deck with images. The Genius of Nature.

It's from the Fitzwilliam Museum (University of cambridge). All the cards have art details from there. Also includes details from medieval manuscrips as well as famous paintings; Classical, European and Oriental Arts.

So 'visual' readers have 52 images to work with.

Link: Click as directed for sample images.

http://www.playingcardsales.co.uk/cards/frameitem.asp?catref=13849

autumn star

Bernice said:
I forgot! There's another deck with images. The Genius of Nature.

It's from the Fitzwilliam Museum (University of cambridge). All the cards have art details from there. Also includes details from medieval manuscrips as well as famous paintings; Classical, European and Oriental Arts.

So 'visual' readers have 52 images to work with.

Link: Click as directed for sample images.

http://www.playingcardsales.co.uk/cards/frameitem.asp?catref=13849

Thanks! I just got the LS Alice playing cards they are quite cute and card stock was pretty good too. I am going to order the Key to the Kingdom this weekend and the Prospero Art Alice cards too :)

I just ordered a cartomancy book - so let the learning begin.

Bhavana

I really shouldn't be looking at this thread, I don't need to add playing cards to all the stuff I am going to have to lug around with me for the rest of my life....but I did originally learn to read with playing cards, so they still intrigue me....

I really want the PCO, but it is hard to find the USG version now - someone here - moon gypsy? just had one for sale, but I missed it by like 3 minutes.... I was on Ana Cortez's site, and she does have a "Vintage" PCO for $24 now - but if I remember right, I heard it was on very papery cardstock, which is why I think I'd rather have the USG version. Does anyone have the vintage PCO that she is selling now?

I'm a member of her forum and she is doing a reprint and some of the cards will have different paintings on them...her father died recently and she has discovered more of his art on settling his estate....
So she is working on getting a new deck printed incorporating some of that art.

So stay tuned it should be good!
She wants to use a silkier card stock, more matt, and she is going to use the first version backs.
I was the lucky duck who won the other original printing deck and it is really nice.
I use it exclusively now, I love the matt card stock so much better, than the USGames slippery one.

maybe this is the new version available thru her site now, with the "silkier" card stock - does anyone have the older version that can compare it to the pics of the cards on the website? She has them all on there...if it is different (meaning she has incorporated new art) it might mean that it is the latest deck, with the improved cardstock.

I just discovered these cards on Somerville's site:

http://www.playingcardsales.com/cards/morepics/14594_8_charta_bellica.jpg

I love the images on these. It will be really interesting to see if I can use them for card reading.

OH GOD, these are GORGEOUS!! Now I have them, along with several other decks mentioned in this thread, on my want list!!

lark

To Bhavana~
There will be three versions in exsistance soon.
1..vintage
2...us games first edition
3...us games new printing with some changes....this one is not for sale yet, Anna just got her copy to look at the other day.
It seems the changes are in the size of the deck not the art work...she says it is the same as the first edition.

I have the vintage and first edition...vintage is on a thicker matt type card stock...
US Games is on a shinnier card stock that we are familar with in most US Games decks.
Both are very nice...I personally use my vintage much more.
I like the matt stock it has a more organic feel, also the pictures on the vintage are a bit better, deeper colors...
The vintage has a different card back, the design on the back goes right to the edge of the card.
The vintage card stock is not papery...and the us games one is a little slippery...so I like to handle my vingage deck better.
So to my way of thinking get a vintage while the getting is good.

autumn star

I am looking forward to the PCO being reprinted! I never did get my hands on a copy of the first edition or vintage, so I'll have to wait till it gets released again.

Le Fanu

.... I was on Ana Cortez's site, and she does have a "Vintage" PCO for $24 now - but if I remember right, I heard it was on very papery cardstock, which is why I think I'd rather have the USG version. Does anyone have the vintage PCO that she is selling now?
I do! It isn't papery at all. Like Lark says; it's silkier, deeper colours, not glossy. I won mine in a competition she had. It's nicer than the shiney U.S Games version...

Bhavana

I was browsing Amazon one day and I ran across this playing card deck called Night Skies.

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Playing...2424/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334375266&sr=8-2

It's meant to play card games, but it looks like it would really be fun to use for cartomantic purposes. I think that people who are into astrology would get a kick outa this deck especially.

oh, this looks very cool! Thanks for the link....cheap too!

I am looking forward to the PCO being reprinted! I never did get my hands on a copy of the first edition or vintage, so I'll have to wait till it gets released again.

the vintage is for sale now on her website, $24
I do! It isn't papery at all. Like Lark says; it's silkier, deeper colours, not glossy. I won mine in a competition she had. It's nicer than the shiney U.S Games version...

To Bhavana~
There will be three versions in exsistance soon.
1..vintage
2...us games first edition
3...us games new printing with some changes....this one is not for sale yet, Anna just got her copy to look at the other day.
It seems the changes are in the size of the deck not the art work...she says it is the same as the first edition.

I have the vintage and first edition...vintage is on a thicker matt type card stock...
US Games is on a shinnier card stock that we are familar with in most US Games decks.
Both are very nice...I personally use my vintage much more.
I like the matt stock it has a more organic feel, also the pictures on the vintage are a bit better, deeper colors...
The vintage has a different card back, the design on the back goes right to the edge of the card.
The vintage card stock is not papery...and the us games one is a little slippery...so I like to handle my vingage deck better.
So to my way of thinking get a vintage while the getting is good.

thanks, guys - I think it is safe for me to get the vintage, but good to know that USG is coming out with another one....