Book of Law Study Group 1.32

Always Wondering

Thank-you for the quote. Perhaps I am on two different subjects here. I have been known to over romanticize things so a sexy, beautiful HGA sometimes sounds to good to be true. :laugh:

But PFC does make sense to me when in Occult Fundamentals page 22.

Superconsciousness corresponds also to the leter R in Ruach because one of the attributes made by Qabalists to this letter is "Collective Intelligence", inasmuch as superconscious sums up, or collects, all the elements of the lower forms of consciousness. For example, past present and future are experienced in this state as an eternal Now, and there is a similar synthesis of space-relations.

Again, Hebrew sages assign the Sun to R, and superconsciousness is sometimes termed "solar consciousness". Those who use this term say that to be superconscious is to share the consciousness of the great Being whose physical body is the sun. . .

So this was sounding like HGA to me and not sexy or beautiful at all. And I suddenly felt Atheist and religious all at once. And very mortal. It made me contemplate the superconscious and any ideas of a an afterlife I was surprised to find I still have. I guess my ego would like to think the personality lives on, dead relatives watch over me, or reincarnate back into our lives, that kind of thing. And just when I accept this on a deeper level, Case goes on to say.
Supersonsciousness is indescribable, but concerning it some things are definitely known. It is a consciousness of immortality, and experimental certainty that the cessation of the functions of the physical body is not the end of conscious existence.

These two ideas can't mesh in my brain. :confused:

There continues to be a blend of the scientific and the mystic that I can't put together. The perfect, tender lover that is a principle of LVX. The mortal that is imortal.

Uh oh. :| This sounds more like a rant than a question.

:rolleyes:
I'll keep reading.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
These two ideas can't mesh in my brain. :confused:

There continues to be a blend of the scientific and the mystic that I can't put together. The perfect, tender lover that is a principle of LVX. The mortal that is imortal.
In the Qabalistic system the K&C of HGA corresponds to the level of Briah (the suit of Cups in your Tarot deck), but your mind operates at the level of Yetzirah (suit of Swords).

To the Yetziratic mind the Angel can (and does) appear completely contradictory. Note how in one place Crowley says the angel in an objective individual, and in another he says it's a subjective state of consciousness. So which one is it? Surely it can't be both? That's a question your Yetziratic mind will struggle to answer. You'll just end up with a sword fight in your brain. :laugh: The lazy way out is to let side win so that you can safely file the question away under E for explained.

But the K&C is Briatic. It's nature is the Cup. There are no contradictions at that that level because everything is contained within the Cup. In Briah contradiction is Unity. In Yetzirah condratiction is divison.
(It might be worth meditating on why Atu VI The Lovers is attributed to Zain - the Sword and it's placement on the Tree, spanning the Abyss from the Yetziratic world to the Briah/Binah/Cup.)

I believe you have a copy of the boot-leg PDF of James Eshelman's, Mystical and Magical System of the A.'.A.'. ? Page 139 onwards may help. (p.122 in the book itself.)

Always Wondering

Gosh, in a way this explains half of my life. It is a bit of a relief to read this.

aeon418 said:
I believe you have a copy of the boot-leg PDF of James Eshelman's, Mystical and Magical System of the A.'.A.'. ? Page 139 onwards may help. (p.122 in the book itself.)
:| Now that you told my secret I am going to have to get on a waiting list to actually buy it. But in the meantime I'll check it out.

Thanks, Aeon418.

AW

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Here's a quote from C.S. Hyatt's and Lon DuQuette's, "Sex Magic, Tantra & Tarot: The Way of the Secret Lover."

Wow. I love the plain spokeness and practicality of this book. It takes the mystery out of things and gives one a lot of work to do.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
Wow. I love the plain spokeness and practicality of this book. It takes the mystery out of things and gives one a lot of work to do.
Did you buy a copy?

I''ll have to stop quoting, otherwise you will end up bankrupt. :laugh:

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Did you buy a copy?

I''ll have to stop quoting, otherwise you will end up bankrupt. :laugh:

I am beginning to suspect you own stock in Amazon.com. :laugh:

But I am glad you quoted. It is a virtual work book. The tarot parts are helping me take a whole new look at myself. The preparation for the Ultimate Divination is thoughtful and grounding. The Sex Magic chapters confirm what I thought Crowley was talking or hinting about. :laugh: It helped me understand the relationship between sex and magic. I am mostly struck by the disclipline and long term commitment. It must be a very special and quite difficult, to find a magical partner.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
It helped me understand the relationship between sex and magic.
I wouldn't get hung up on it if I were you. Or start thinking that you are missing out on something vital. Remember sex magick is merely one particular tool in the box. Crowley found that technique very helpful in his own work, and that's one reason why he mentions (or hints at) it a lot. But as they say, different srokes for different folks.

Always Wondering

:laugh: I think you are being diplomatic.

I went through a Taoist chi jing whatever phase. :| It didn't do me a whole lot of good without a system.

Seek me only. One pointedness. HGA. No distractions.

I figure it as frosting on the cake, after two people have good strong relationships with HGA. I was struck by the odds of that. Anything else would be pointless.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I think you are being diplomatic.
I'm a Sagittarius rising. I usually speak my mind ............. and clear up the mess up later. :laugh:
Always Wondering said:
Seek me only. One pointedness. HGA. No distractions.
But even, so called, distractions can be turned toward the service of the HGA. The Buddhist's would call it a mindfullness practice.

Read the two lines of text under your icon. ;)

Always Wondering

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's pretty bad when my internet querry brings me staight back to my own question.

In fact it's kind of freaky.

I guess I'm back in my Yetziratic mind, sword fighting again.

:| :laugh: :|

AW