Book of Law Study Group 1.32

Beira

The HGA is a very personal thing. I have a familiar and I often do get spirits that act as a temporary guide for me, But none of them has the intimacy and consistency of an HGA..
In the last year I have been invoking him and I think I have managed to meet him a couple times in lucid dreams and meditations.. Once it happened while skrying over the tarot cards that spell the word Adni, the second more recently: I saw the same awesome guy as Saturn in a lucid dream I had after having meditated over the planetary force of Saturn as part of my magical routine..
I am very attracted to him but he never speaks to me: he shows me things instead..
So I guess I am at the stage of the Vision of the HGA but I don't know his name yet and definitely I don't have a clue on how to make contact to him.. I mean I see him when he appears, not when I ask for it..
But it's a start and he had me make a massive step forward in practical life if nothing else..
I wish I get closer to him..

Michael Sternbach

Communication with your inner guide is introduced at an early stage in many courses on creative visualization. I'm not sure why traditional magic schools make such a fuss about it?

Zephyros

Communication with your inner guide is introduced at an early stage in many courses on creative visualization. I'm not sure why traditional magic schools make such a fuss about it?

I think it's because of the potential to be mistaken. An inner guide could be your HGA or it could be manifestations of ego or fears, and their assumption is that it would take training to ascertain what it is that you're experiencing. Performing something like the Abramelin prematurely could end up being either a waste of time or quite unpleasant or even dangerous.

smw

I think it's because of the potential to be mistaken.[\QUOTE]

I think it might be possible to be mistaken too. I only have my own subjective feelings on it though. I had a name communicated (a simple name like ' bob'...really?)

smw

The HGA is a very personal thing. I have a familiar and I often do get spirits that act as a temporary guide for me, But none of them has the intimacy and consistency of an HGA..
In the last year I have been invoking him and I think I have managed to meet him a couple times in lucid dreams and meditations..[\QUOTE]

I have had experiences too in dreams. My figure materialised repeatedly then I thought it was my partner next to me, then another time as one of my children. When I actually awoke nothing was with me spirit or person. I caught it happening once, when I was drifting off to sleep on the sofa. I felt the weight of my daughter growing in my arms....(here we go again)

It did make me feel cautious as to what it might represent and what might be attracted with HGA work, though of course my subjective experiences are not yours.

Beira

I have not performed the Abramelin ritual, nor do I plan to do it anytime soon (if at all)
And my experiences in this sense are never been scary or unpleasant..
I have been doing LBRP (nearly) everyday for quite a while now, and I do meditation after it every day rotating the elements, planets and zodiac signs one at a time for each day..
What I mean by invoking him is trying to include a thought in my meditations that goes on the lines of wishing him to appear to me..
I am starting assuming that the awesome guy I mentioned is my HGA as he has given me meaningful info or hints, that afterwards have proven true or have lead me to the info I was looking for, needed for my spiritual advancement (like details of my dad's childhood, or showing me a library in my city that I was not visiting since ages and that, upon visit, happened to have a quabalah course starting just on the following week.. things like that)
I am looking to improve my ritual routine by starting Resh. .
And to deepen my spiritual attainments by starting Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetic exercises..
I will post my results!