signifigance of the number 18

poppiesrossi

18 as a summary card is the Moon.. although you could break it down to the Hermit as if you reduce it further.. it's 9..

Moon is about the unknown.. the subconscious.. it could illuminate but also deceive. There are hidden forces in play.. This is not the time to make a decision as you do not have all the pieces of the puzzle. As a Hermit. He knows.. he's the knowing within you.. so it could simply be saying. Look within to find the answers. You already have it but it is being clouded by the moon.

As a relationship in the Moon period.. there are a lot of things that are not being revealed at this time. Things are being kept from you.. or you are not seeing things clearly... it could be that the other person is keeping things from you or that you are refusing to see what's in front of you. With Hermit as base.. I would think that it's latter not the former.

But I do agree with Hermit being more earthly in nature as it is Virgo in Astrology. Virgos are very earthy in nature (I am a Virgo sun) They are very discerning, discriminating, and strive for perfection in material plane. Virgos can be spiritual.. but they tend to apply that in practical matters. Also if you look at 9 in numerology.. it applies to more universal love and Virgo's tend to have a lot of that. They are compassionate and tend to give a lot to others generously.. however in romance.. they are very discriminating and can be aloof. Virgos can be married.. have children.. and still maintain a virginal quality within them (both men and women). They tend to be reserved in their affection.. but when someone unlocks that hidden part of them.. and they fall completely in love.. then their capacity to love knows no bounds. However.. most people will not have access to this part of Virgos. ;)

SA12

I didnt mean the moon is associated with building a relationship but how or what needs to be addressed first before that can happen

What needs to be addressed first before a relationship can happen? Like I said, the Moon is about addressing the "darkness" within -- the self-deception, fears, insecurities and emotional baggage (this is a water card) that you might be bringing to the table with this other person. And again, you may not have all the facts about the other person or the situation yet, since things look different under the moonlight...This advice would apply also for building a relationship. And sorry, but most books out there will show that this card is about fear and illusions, what's real and what isn't -- Thirteen gave you an awesome explanation to that end which you seemed pretty quick to dismiss.

Thirteen

I dont associate the moon with deception. I feel like people misinterpret the darkness casting a different light on a situation than how it would look in the sun....however i feel like the moon moreso means being able to clearly understand our subconscious messages...
We will all agree with you that the Moon isn't always about deception and shouldn't always be interpreted in the negative light of trickery. But going in the opposite direction--romanticizing the darkness of the moon as always being good magic is just as bad. In that instance, you're ignoring the fact that the subconscious also relates to bad dreams. This is what I was trying to tell you. YES, the Moon is about the subconscious. But NO that doesn't mean you can tell whether it is good subconscious stuff that you should do, or self-deception, trickery, illusion, addiction, or any other number of things we do because we are listening to that subconscious without a filter. The Moon is the subconscious with no filter. You get all the messages like mail in a mail box--the artistic and the crazy, the inspirational messages and the spam.

Remember, lunacy, madness, and being reckless in love also relate to the Moon. All well and good in the dark, but when morning comes around you have to live with the consequences. Will those promises your dark lover gave you at night still hold in the daylight?

You can't ignore the possible negatives of the Moon card simply because you *want* whatever potential romance is going on here to be what you want it to be. That's the danger of seeing in the cards what you want to see rather than what is. I say again to you, you need someone, a "High Priestess" (some wise woman you trust) to talk this over with. Someone who can tell you what instincts are the ones to follow, and which are your subconscious playing tricks on you and you shouldn't follow them.

Which is to say, it's all well and good to trust your instincts and jump into bed with a guy, but you really do need a friend to remind you to get him to wear a condom or you're going to regret following that instinct rather than be glad of it. Do you see?

cmarie

In 3 seperate readings i pulled 3 clarifiers they all add up to the number 18. If were looking at it from.a time standpoint what is the signifigance of the number 9 in your experience whether for time or outcome?

Right now we are in the 9th month, and Virgo (The Hermit) is the sign we are in until tomorrow or the next day.

Also the number nine refers to the mutable sign of each element on the zodiac. So for fire would be Sagittarius, water would be Pisces, air would be Gemini, earth would be Virgo. So in Tarot, in the pips nine refers to these times. Actually each one would represent a ten day period.

As an outcome The Hermit tells me that the answer you need is within you. Perhaps you are entering a time of introspection. Possibly it could mean you are drawn to someone like a moth to a flame, or someone to you. I think with the Hermit he is leading the way, it may be hard to keep up - but his light will be shining in the distance so you can find him. His mind is on higher things right now.

I love the Moon, in the light of the Full Moon you can see everything, but it all looks a little different. It has a mysterious glow that is captivating and hypnotic, so enjoy but remember it is night and there are shadows.

Just my .02

soulstar29

I wasn't dismissing what thirteen said at all. Just giving my opinions about the card. However I am a beginner so I haven't seen what these cards actually mean. It's all up for interpretation to me, since each card can only tell you a basic description...it's up to the readers intuition for more messages. I'm just saying, a few other ways I, myself relate to the cards differently. After all, each situation is sooo different and it'd be terrible to put it into a little box filled with only a few possibilities. I respect and appreciate everything everyone has said to me...and hopefully we can continue to discuss. After a few days I see it's not about deception perse...but DEFINITELY fear that was not being expressed! Good thing it was or I'd probably be pulling 9's for the next 9 months lol