Reading rooms

Ruby Jewel

:laugh: That's awesome! I really loved reading this post. I'm the kind of person who has a way of making things happen if I REALLY want them to so I'm kind of careful with what I dream big with. Making this idea a dream come true for myself would cause some other things in my life to go in a different direction so what I think I'd be most happy with is watching a FRIEND make this dream come true and I'll come to her for an occasional reading in her "vardo!" Yeah, I just wanna come in and visit one for a little while. :) With that... All this talk and searching online about this subject has given me some inspiration about a possible book/movie. Now to make THIS idea a dream come true is more in line with who I really am. :) I'd better get to work on it.

I hope you come back and post pics when it is finished.

Good idea....I will post the pics when I'm finished. And btw, I am 100 pages into the last chapter of a 30-chapter novel....hoping to make it a movie. There's nothing that sez you can't do it all. We will have to swap books one day.

GotH

Good idea....I will post the pics when I'm finished. And btw, I am 100 pages into the last chapter of a 30-chapter novel....hoping to make it a movie. There's nothing that sez you can't do it all. We will have to swap books one day.

:thumbsup:

G6

GYPSY WAGON DREAMS! 😍

Loving the modern gypsy wagons! I hope you two do it!!! 😊

Here's one I sent before that's pretty cool looks like a refurbished ice cream truck.

https://www.vardotarot.com/blogs/press

Another one I like is more modern and stationary. Looks like a storage container build with subtle hints of gypsy wagon...

PIC

Attachments

• moderngypsy.jpg
    moderngypsy.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 121

Le Fanu

I have a Reading Room just for me and my cards and trinkets and bibelots. A photo wouldn't do it justice and get everything in - plus it's night here so haven't got light to take a photo - plus it's quite a private space - I dunno I'd feel odd putting a picture of ALL corners of my Reading Room on the net for anyone to see. Maybe pictures of cards spread on the table but the room itself feels such a private space. It has all my favourite things, favourite paintings and objects and feels so personalised.

But I love it - I go in there and can play with my decks, read, light incense, organize the esoteric clutter on my table, shuffle, compare cards, lay out my wands and skulls and go through my spread cloths uninterrupted!

Disa

Usually, I have read on street corners up till this year, but I'm trying something a little different now & I've set up a room just for reading cards. It's just been a lot of fun adding to it, it feels like a real luxury, honestly. I was wondering if anyone else had a set-up in their home where they like to read, what's your environment like? Do you have people over to do readings? Would love to see your pix.

In mine, I wanted to put as many "positive" things as possible, things that put people in a good mindset - I have lots of Buddhas & Ganesh, oil diffuser/mister thingy, salt lamps, stars, butterflies, faerie wings, faerie houses, twinkly lights, candles, a carafe of water & candies & tea, singing bowls, plants, mermaids...you can't see all that from the photo but they're all in there.

I'm attaching (1) what my travel "office" usually looks like, (2) my normal street reading set-up & (3) new reading room at home. subject I'm sure to lots of changes.

I really wish you would sell those round "Tarot Reading Signs". I would buy one for sure. Your reading room is very inviting and looks so comfortable.

I don't have a "dedicated" reading room. My living room has a couch and a loveseat across from each other with a large wooden table between them which is perfect for reading. My dining room table is also a comfy place to read.

Since my daughter moved we have completely revamped her old bedroom. We painted it purple. The names of the colors of paint are perfect- the walls are called "Solitaire" and we painted the shelves and closets even darker purple called "voodoo". Can you believe it? ha. The trim and crown molding are all white.

It's a small room, but it will be where I have all my jewelry making supplies, reiki stuff, metaphysical books, etc. The craft tables and reiki table can fold away and and go into the closet when I'm not using them. I'm not finished decorating it yet, but it's turning into a Gypsy, Genie bottle, Moroccan theme with beaded window valances, a colorful curtain with a mandela to hang in the closet instead of doors, etc. etc. My crystal balls and a scrying mirror are in here as well as one tea leaf reading cup. The DH said, just put all your tarot decks in the bags on those little shelves there. ALL my tarot decks will not fit on those "little shelves there". I seriously need to sell a few.

Anyway, it's got jewel toned accents(red, teal, gold) which I love and will have a wooden folding screen room divider soon. It may turn into a reading room, but my living room is really best for that, I think. I mostly needed this room for a place to put all my jewelry making supplies and work tables, but it's turned into so much more than that. I can't wait til it's finished. Just need a rug and to decide what to put on the walls.

I've enjoyed everyone's pics and descriptions. Like, Le Fanu- I would feel a little odd showing all of it.

Ruby Jewel

Loving the modern gypsy wagons! I hope you two do it!!! 😊

Here's one I sent before that's pretty cool looks like a refurbished ice cream truck.

https://www.vardotarot.com/blogs/press

Another one I like is more modern and stationary. Looks like a storage container build with subtle hints of gypsy wagon...

PIC

These vardos are just awesome....some on utube are mind blowing....as for my humble little trailer, it will probably take on more of my personality than it will tend toward the exotic...."whatever fits and is functional works." I think it's called "form follows function." A lot of what fits is going to be what fits with my bankroll (laugh).

G6

But I love it - I go in there and can play with my decks, read, light incense, organize the esoteric clutter on my table, shuffle, compare cards, lay out my wands and skulls and go through my spread cloths uninterrupted!

Sounds amazing! 😎

G6

These vardos are just awesome....some on utube are mind blowing....as for my humble little trailer, it will probably take on more of my personality than it will tend toward the exotic...."whatever fits and is functional works." I think it's called "form follows function." A lot of what fits is going to be what fits with my bankroll (laugh).

Right, dare to dream! I'm going to keep dreaming about it. I like the modern exterior of the storage container one, but I didn't like the interior. It was too modern. I would have made the interior more warm woods bohoish like the interior of the ice cream truck one or some others that I've seen. What an AWESOME project though! Can't wait to see your pics!

Ruby Jewel

Right, dare to dream! I'm going to keep dreaming about it. I like the modern exterior of the storage container one, but I didn't like the interior. It was too modern. I would have made the interior more warm woods bohoish like the interior of the ice cream truck one or some others that I've seen. What an AWESOME project though! Can't wait to see your pics!

I might do something like the inside of a barn with a pot belly Warm Morning coal stove, some bundles of hay, pillows, and a floor lamp in the corner for reading and napping.......and of course, I would have to have a nearby burner for percolating coffee in my fabulous Revere Ware percolator.....and a great music system... alternating between Mick Jagger, Paginini, The Osborne Brothers, Miles Davis and a few Chopin nocturnes.....it all sort of matches my style (laugh). Maybe a big "worn thin" Persian rug in the center of one end of the boxcar with the tarot table out of anything I can find.. a hanging chandelier overhead with amber flame lights....and on the other end of the boxcar my painting studio with a 16' gessoed canvas sitting on some gallon paint cans leaning back against the wall....ready to rock n roll...ahhhh the dreams are endless. And, of course, I am only going to have a litte trailer (laugh)...but I sure like the idea of a boxcar. In fact I have a friend who delivers them....if I only had a plot of land.

G6

I might do something like the inside of a barn with a pot belly Warm Morning coal stove, some bundles of hay, pillows, and a floor lamp in the corner for reading and napping.......and of course, I would have to have a nearby burner for percolating coffee in my fabulous Revere Ware percolator.....and a great music system... alternating between Mick Jagger, Paginini, The Osborne Brothers, Miles Davis and a few Chopin nocturnes.....it all sort of matches my style (laugh). Maybe a big "worn thin" Persian rug in the center of one end of the boxcar with the tarot table out of anything I can find.. a hanging chandelier overhead with amber flame lights....and on the other end of the boxcar my painting studio with a 16' gessoed canvas sitting on some gallon paint cans leaning back against the wall....ready to rock n roll...ahhhh the dreams are endless. And, of course, I am only going to have a litte trailer (laugh)...but I sure like the idea of a boxcar. In fact I have a friend who delivers them....if I only had a plot of land.

WoW just WoW! I'm digging the whole scene! Truly. ❤️😎 Yeah, that's my plan the compound or commune situation. I already designed the main house, but I'm going to add the gypsy wagon in some form, somewhere on the vast undisclosed agreage I will be the joyful owner of in the near future! 😊