Do Ace of Wands and Eight of Wands Have Sexual Meaning?

Birdsman72

Birdsman72,

You must interpret any cards you list, even if they are from a reading done for you by someone else.

Have you heard of the term "scope creep"? That's when things keep going beyond agreed upon parameters. The "scope" of this thread is the AW and 8W. Every time you try to introduce other cards, you're engaging in scope creep. And if you continue, this thread will be closed. So please go back through your posts and remove all mention of cards other than the AW and 8W.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

I am very sorry rwcarter. I did not know I was doing anything wrong. The other posters mentioned not knowing the other cards which would affect the meaning of Eight of Wands, so I thought I would share that information. I will edit the two posts I've made to conform to the rules.

Birdsman72

It can mean sexual energy depending on the question, spread and surrounding cards. These two on their own I would see more as the start of a relationship when there's still a lot of fantasising and the person is constantly on your mind. The 8 would indicate to me that things will move forward swiftly, the feelings of love and relationship potential are strong. Yes, it can indicate moving forward fast sexually, but I see it more as the initial falling in love part. If you are the one having to make the first move to let the person know of your interest, then his response is likely to be positive (once again depending on the rest of the spread).

I am sorry your reader was immature and insensitive in the way she went about your reading.

Thank you Chrystal _Tarot! I much prefer your meanings, and the others who have replied here, of Ace of Wands and Eight of Wands to those of my reader! Thank you also for the kind words!

magicjack

If your question was specifically about sexual intercourse I can see where the interpretations may fit. The 8 of wands maybe fast and furious or whatever but "the stiffy card"???? I'm hoping her keyword doesn't linger around in my brain for too long!!!

Birdsman72

Hi Birdsman72! I suppose in the context of a reading about a new or potential romantic relationship, the Ace of Wands could be considered as a phallic symbol indicating a sexual encounter. I haven't personally had it indicate that in a reading (yet!). I tend to think of it as a start-up energy, a good time to move things forward - in the context of a potential relationship, a good time to take that first step of asking the person out on a real "date".

The 8 of Wands ... yeah, I very seriously doubt that I'd ever interpret it as having meaningless sex with multiple partners (unless maybe I was doing a reading for someone in the appropriate film industry). Rather, I would have to cast my vote with the "quick action" interpretation. Especially with it being in the same reading as the Ace.

About the only card that I can think of that usually refers to sex on a fairly routine basis is the Prince of Cups in the Röhrig Tarot. But the image on it pretty much focuses on that.

However, as has been mentioned, I can't imagine a serious psychic acting like this over a sexual matter. Especially the very first time they read for you. I have had such things appear in readings for people ... I don't shy away from it, but I treat the topic, and especially the client, with the respect it deserves. But perhaps she was taking the "for entertainment purposes only" caveat too lightly?

Hi Trogon!

Your interpretation of Ace of Wands is pretty spot on for my situation. The Ace showed up during the very first reading, just a few days after the guy and I had finally spoken for the first time after eyeing each other from across the street for ten years. But as I've said to the other posters, I'm afraid that energy may have already burned out. There's a long story that doesn't belong here.

Eight of Wands- I laughed out loud on that one! But wouldn't that be almost any industry nowadays? The Eight of Wands showed up in a much later spread, one of only two cards she read from that particular spread which she said I should wait on this relationship and just go out and have fun, which of course her dirty interpretation of Eight of Wands was a main point. Sorry, not really interested in being a male tramp.

That's how I felt about the situation. I'm no prude when it comes to sex, but there's such things as maturity, decorum, and professionalism. I guess since we were sitting at her kitchen table, she thought she could behave as she does in private.

Birdsman72

Yes, Ace of Wands and 8 of Wands can be pretty much about sex, depending on the context.

Maybe the reader could display a bit of tact with you, but there are no taboos attached to the cards or to their meanings.

Tarot cards show every aspect of life, and every one of them can also refer to sexuality. (When you decide to do a reading on the subject in particular, actually the whole deck has ascribed meanings.)

Some other cards which may have sexual connotations are:

The Devil, Tower, Death (intense passion), Hanged Man (submission), Emperor (domination) , 3 of cups (love triangles or threesomes), 7 of cups (fantasies), Ace of Swords ... so on and on.

In short there is nothing to be offended about the subject of sex and how it shows in the cards. The reader's manners here is altogether a different issue. It is also wrong to label any card -in a way- as referring solely to sexuality.

Thank you Mystica7.

It was precisely the reader's manners which offended me. I have no problems discussing sex, but it was her level of childishness that put me off.

I agree with you that all the cards have many meanings. It does depend on the nature of the inquiry which meanings will surface, sexual or not. As you say, labeling any card as purely sexual is wrong.

I've not heard of the other cards you listed having sexual connotations. That's very interesting!

Birdsman72

If your question was specifically about sexual intercourse I can see where the interpretations may fit. The 8 of wands maybe fast and furious or whatever but "the stiffy card"???? I'm hoping her keyword doesn't linger around in my brain for too long!!!

That's what was so aggravating! I wasn't even asking about sex! I was only asking about the future of the relationship, if it is truly fated as it feels or is it nothing, and these are the answers, lol. Yes, we'll get together and have lots of sex. Then, I should put this relationship on hold and run around like a cheap suit. I was just wanted to know if this guy and I are meant to be together.

I hope it doesn't get stuck in your head too! It's been over three months and I'm still having a hard time forgetting it!

Ace

Birdsman72: this reader acted VERY unprofessionally.

The Ace of wands in the Robin Wood deck IS very sexual: the sunflowers at the base and the DNA in the wand make it so. And in one reading I did for someone who BF had duped and dumped them, That was absolutely the case: it kept coming up reversed (I read reversals) and she was desperate to get him back so she could dump him. I ended up waving the Reversed Ace of wands in the air: he isn't into you anymore! I yelled. It was then that I realized what the card really showed.....

But for her to say it like that, was totally inappropriate.

barb