Help: Studying the Sephiroth

Always Wondering

I am one who always has to do a lot of grounding, I guess it’s my flighty nature, and I am more or less used to soaring around some days. :| But I find this a particular challenge when I focus on most Sephirah. If I focus, not meditate, but read or think about a Sephirah for very long(more than five minutes), it takes all that I know to get grounded again. I get a flighty, soaring, not really here, feeling. This morning I had to drive not long after my study, and it really didn’t feel safe at all. Not to mention it makes it hard to process the content I am reading.
LBRP’s help. And I suppose I need to be more careful with my time and study management. But I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on why this happens. Sometimes it is not so bad and I just push through it or even enjoy it, if I don’t have anything earthly to do. :) Other times it just feels out of control.
Is this weird, or what?

AW

Grigori

Maybe it would help if you end your study of whichever Sephirot your looking at, by working your way back down the tree until you reach Malkuth and get yourself good and grounded there before moving onto your earthly life. If you're so sensitive to this kind of focus, maybe it can work for you also.

I'd be inclined to look at other things you can do day-to-day, to generally help reduce your oversensitivity and get more grounded in general. You could try some things like flower essences (Red Lilly or Sundew from the Australian Bush Flower essences). Might be interesting to see if swapping the banishing version of the LPR for the invoking one is of assistance also, or something else to attract earthly energy to you when your feelinga bit flighty.

Always Wondering

similia said:
Maybe it would help if you end your study of whichever Sephirot your looking at, by working your way back down the tree until you reach Malkuth and get yourself good and grounded there before moving onto your earthly life. If you're so sensitive to this kind of focus, maybe it can work for you also.

Excellent idea. Thanks. Smaller steps both up and down might lesson the impact.

similia said:
I'd be inclined to look at other things you can do day-to-day, to generally help reduce your oversensitivity and get more grounded in general. You could try some things like flower essences (Red Lilly or Sundew from the Australian Bush Flower essences). Might be interesting to see if swapping the banishing version of the LPR for the invoking one is of assistance also, or something else to attract earthly energy to you when your feelinga bit flighty.

Yes, I will look into these things. Funny I never thought of the flower essences, but working in the garden is very grounding for me so I bet this would help.

Thanks, Similia, you are such a sweetie.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
LBRP’s help. And I suppose I need to be more careful with my time and study management. But I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on why this happens. Sometimes it is not so bad and I just push through it or even enjoy it, if I don’t have anything earthly to do. :) Other times it just feels out of control.
Is this weird, or what?
No, it doesn't sound weird. Some people are able to tune in to the sephiroth, or those aspects of themselves represented by the sephiroth, easier than others. But it can be a double edged sword. What makes the door easy to open can also make it hard to close. Most people are the other way round.

LBRP's should work up to a point, but I see that ritual as more clearing, centering and balancing. It's not specifically a grounding ritual. I wouldn't recommend using the invoking form for this purpose though. That would be like opening the flood gates to wash away a puddle. :laugh:

Maybe it would be a good idea to switch your focus over to something earthy after studying. You could do a short meditation on a Tarot card. Personally I use the Prince of Disks. It seems like one of the heaviest cards in the deck to me. But you may have your own favourite "heavy".

A small opening and closing routine might help too. If practiced regularly it can act as a signal to your mind to switch on and switch off.
To open: Sit with your back straight, and feet planted on the floor. Take a few deep, slow breaths. Bring your hands together, palm to palm. Then slowly open your hands as if they were a book. Breath in and slowly separate the edges of your hands with the clear intention of opening your inner awareness.
To close: Sit as before and start taking deep, slow breaths. With your palms facing upward and to either side of you, breath in slowly and bring them together to form the "open book" again. Hold in your mind the clear intention to switch off inner awareness. Close the book/palms with a snap.

Other things you can do are clapping your hands, stamping your feet, or having a bite to eat. Anything that brings awareness back to your body.

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
Thanks, Similia, you are such a sweetie.
Did I just see that tiger blush? :laugh:

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
That would be like opening the flood gates to wash away a puddle. :laugh:

Yes, I have found I need to be careful about invoking.

Aeon418 said:
A small opening and closing routine might help too. If practiced regularly it can act as a signal to your mind to switch on and switch off.
To open: Sit with your back straight, and feet planted on the floor. Take a few deep, slow breaths. Bring your hands together, palm to palm. Then slowly open your hands as if they were a book. Breath in and slowly separate the edges of your hands with the clear intention of opening your inner awareness.
To close: Sit as before and start taking deep, slow breaths. With your palms facing upward and to either side of you, breath in slowly and bring them together to form the "open book" again. Hold in your mind the clear intention to switch off inner awareness. Close the book/palms with a snap.
I will give this a try.

Aeon418 said:
Other things you can do are clapping your hands, stamping your feet, or having a bite to eat. Anything that brings awareness back to your body.

The hand calpping has already been very helpful this morning. Quick and effective.
These are all great suggestions. I appreciate your help.

AW

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:

Opps. I was still a little giddy when I wrote that. Normally I am much more intimidated, of course.

AW

ravenest

Our pathworking group took the advice of Delores and had tea and bickies afterwards ... and talked trash ... that 'helps' (although personally I like to 'extend the zone' into the 'other world' ... when my lifestyle permits).

They other better ideas have already been suggested above. I esp like Similias of working back down the tree. When I guided the Enochian visualisation sessions we had I always made sure to cover each 'out' step with a reverse 'back' step for the 'journey' home, bring people back (and yourself) the same way you went ... then ground.

Always Wondering

ravenest said:
although personally I like to 'extend the zone' into the 'other world' ... when my lifestyle permits).

I hear you. It has been an intresting twenty four hours trying these new tools and becoming aware that perhaps, I choose not be "present" partly out of habit and unawareness but partly because it doesn't seem very fun. :laugh:
But I am here so I might as well learn how to be here.

AW

Grigori

A week later, how did you go AW? Have you found anything especially helpful? I'm really interested to hear how you go.

Aeon418 said:

I was not blushing, I rolled over and purred like a kitten :D