@-;--The Sacred Rose @-;--Study Group

firefrost

I'd not noticed, I must admit, but then I've not collected any observational points on this deck yet.

People can't seem to get past the 'wierd' eyes.

I'm wondering if it was a mass printing error - no doubt readers in the know will come and put me right.

PeterS

The Eyes

I have to admit that I understand the whole deal with the no eyes, it is a little creepy. But that is one reason why I like its Tower card. The man falling in the bottom of the card is the only person in my whole deck with eyes. And he is scared out of his mind.

firefrost

That's not counting the backgrounds to The World and The Sun and the Lion in Strength.

And my jury's out on the two females in The Lovers. I can't decide whether or not they have cats eyes. I may have got that totally wrong.

I think I'd be scared out of my mind too, if I was that guy (Adam) falling.

autumnsdaughter

Is anyone interested in studying this deck? I just inherited it, and am quickly falling in love with it. I did a reading with it last night, and everything rang so true and deep... I would love to do a group study of it, if anyone is interested!

Queen of Disks

I always seem to pick the weird decks! The first time I saw the Sacred Rose, it was in a Half Price Book Store. I didn't get it because I thought it looked weird. Some time later I decided I wanted it, and finally the other day I got on in a trade with April. It has its own attitude and a very interesting look. I like that it is not just another RWS clone. And I can see why the lack of eyeballs creep some people out, but it does not bother me. (If it had no faces, then that would be different...)

There does not seem to be any other posts about individual cards, so I guess I will get started...

Onyx

check out the interview

I saw this post reappear and I got my deck out a couple of days ago because I recently heard a podcast with the deck creator. It was a great interview about where she came up with the idea and her desire to write the book.

If you are at all interested in the deck then this is well worth a listen.
Here is a link to the website: http://tarotpathways.com/

But if you have Itunes, then search for it under the Tarot-to-go podcast.

Listening to the episode got me interested again.

Onyx.

Sulis

It's good to see this group up and running.. I've started an index thread and added it to the main Tarot Study Groups index thread at the top of the forum.

Sacred Rose Tarot index
Index of Study Groups

Please let me know by PM when a new thread is started in the study group and I'll add it to the index thread.

Have fun :)

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups Moderator.

Sulis

Hi Folks,

Just to let you all know that Johanna Gargiulo-Sherman has been in touch as she has just joined the forum.
She would like me to pass on that the deck, which is out of stock at the moment with US Games at the moment is in the middle of a new print run and should be back in stock in October - it definitely isn't out of print.

She's very pleased to see this study group up and running.

Onyx

Sulis said:
Hi Folks,

Just to let you all know that Johanna Gargiulo-Sherman has been in touch as she has just joined the forum.
She would like me to pass on that the deck, which is out of stock at the moment with US Games at the moment is in the middle of a new print run and should be back in stock in October - it definitely isn't out of print.

She's very pleased to see this study group up and running.

I am very happy to hear that the deck still in print but I am concerned about the US Games current choice of lamination. My deck is perfectly soft but sturdy and not too glossy like other current US Games decks.

I love my deck and excited to hear that its wonderful creator is apart of our group!

Onyx.

Queen of Disks

Wow! That's great!

I had better get to work!