The Wyrd of Sarah Howard

daphne

Well- the samples came and boy I was glad I ordered them. The whole thing was not as good as I had expected. Perhaps the print on demand thing will never match that of making all the choices from scratch and creating a bespoke deck. Choosing from very limited options is - well, limiting.
That said I have lightened up all the images and sent off again. A bit frustrating to wait again, but again worth it.
Mean while i have sketched out almost all the cards for my new tarot and have the go-a-head from my publisher to start shouting about Bonefire's November release date. So no time is wasted these days......(bit stressed actually.)

Sketched the new tarot?! Great!!!!

It is sometimes not so smooth in beginning with print-on-demand, but it is the same with all the printers checking the proofs until they can be cleared out. Yes, the waiting part is stressing indeed, but after you found the right colors, light, arrangement, it goes by itself, you have your beautiful deck up and rolling.
Patience, please, you already trained that on us. :)

baylys

Gabi, the road is never smooth. If things were easy they wouldn't mean so much. Thank you for taking the time and effort to make things look just right. You could have taken the easy option and we probably would never have known, but your own professional work ethic wouldn't let you do that. Thank you for being true to yourself. We appreciate it and so does your artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luna's Crone

Gee Gabby, do you have a website or blog to view things? I have Bonefire on my phone and love it. Will be getting a deck soon i hope. Its on my wish list in the asterisk section. But i can't wait for the new oracle and tarot!!!! I love your work.

wooden-eye

Gee Gabby, do you have a website or blog to view things? I have Bonefire on my phone and love it. Will be getting a deck soon i hope. Its on my wish list in the asterisk section. But i can't wait for the new oracle and tarot!!!! I love your work.

Hi Luna's Crone.
Right now I do not have a website or blog. My website was so old and dreadful to use, I have taken it down to make a better site under my name rather than that of my decks. It is a bit of a big project though.
I am collecting most of my imagery on my instagram page for now. @gabi_angus_art, where plenty of TWOSH images may be found, plus other artwork and sketches. It is a bit of a mish-mash which now has artwork for my new tarot added as it materialises.
Thanks for buying the Bonefire app, there is no better way to view those images and I am delighted you enjoy my work!

In other news, I am awaiting the delivery of my 100 Sarah Howard Oracle decks. I had to change to Make Playing Cards at the 11th hour, due to massive price rises at Printers Studio. A decision made absolutely from necessity. I literally did not have the money for the new pricing and had Reall (thank you again) not put me onto MPC poor Sarah Howard would have remained merely artwork.
As soon as I have the decks I will post details.
I will still need to use PS for print on demand decks. Sadly the price rises were across the board. So I am working out whether there is any advantage to the customer to purchase in this way.
It is certainly a learning curve and as ever I have given myself far too much to do; juggling new tarot, Bonefire and oracle decks and I am not a very skilled juggler.
Shouldn't be long before the oracles arrive. It has been a windy road!

rmcfarron

I can't wait to add this deck to my collection!

wooden-eye

The decks are back from the printer!!!

Finally the day has come!
The Wyrd of Sarah Howard has arrived from Make Playing Cards. I ordered 100 decks and a box of 50 are sitting here on my pouffe.
Today I am prettying up draw-string bags which are pale aqua/blue jute, (much like my Bonefire bags) and a perfect fit.
In the end I decided to print the decks on 330gsm superior smooth stock which I am very happy with.
The decks are poker size and very pocketable. There are 59 cards+ a title card, the rest form an intro to The Wyrd of Sarah Howard, with expanded card titles to help with the card meanings and a couple of other images not to be used in the deck to give a total of 72 cards.
56 of the cards correspond to the minor arcana of the tarot and the images are connected to those card meaning, there is a very subtle number and playing card suit inserts on the bottom right of each card.
Clubs correspond to Wands- energy/ will/ force
Spades correspond to Swords- thought/ reason/ conflict
Hearts correspond to Cups- emotion/ care / intuition
Diamonds correspond to Pentacles- material/ finances/ the body.
The remaining 3 are extra cards.

With regards to the print on demand I had intended to offer via The Printers Studio, I have done all the maths and redone it to be sure and despite their better postage costs the price of single decks is still extortionate and I can do much better to send a deck from Aus world-wide.
so that will sadly no longer be an option.

The price of one of Sarah Howard Oracle is $30AUD+postage

To give you an idea At today's exchange rates this is equates to:
$22.37USD+ $12USD postage=$34.37USD
15.23 British Pounds+10.50 postage=25.73pounds
19.90 Euro+13.60 euro postage=33.40euro
$31.34 NZ+ $12.53NZ postage=$43.87NZ
Postage within Australia is $7.45 total $37.45AUD

All invoices will be made via paypal and will be in Australian Dollars.
Postage may be combined for two decks, more than two becomes more expensive.

So if you would like to be one of the 100, The Wyrd of Sarah Howard oracle decks owners, please send pm me your PayPal email address, your preferred name and address and I will invoice you via paypal.

Gosh what a lot of info! If you have already pm'ed with details I will be in touch.
I can't wait to finally get Sarah Howard out and about!

Righteo back to bag-making. I will take some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20160622_144814.jpg
    IMG_20160622_144814.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 122

baylys

Yay!!!! Such awesome news Gabi b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schizandra

Your art is beautiful wooden-eye, and the cards look great! Congrats!