Kabbalah/Tree of Life system... and Tarot

Whatsawhosit

i was shown to perceive the tree, and all the complex symbols, are more easily understood to be like an electrical schematic. These are potentialities, tendencies, and motion. If any of it is truly indicative of reality it is of just a single moment that has already unfolded. I would actually day dream of them whirling, spinning and sliding about the letters from line to line.
Which is a very easy exercise when you are bored to tears staring at the tree that is a wall tapestry that flutters during a service.

the tree of life would be as much a map as a natal or hoarary birth chart would be. And a persons abilities to read into them would be just as subjective.

Richard

i was shown to perceive the tree, and all the complex symbols, are more easily understood to be like an electrical schematic. These are potentialities, tendencies, and motion. If any of it is truly indicative of reality it is of just a single moment that has already unfolded. I would actually day dream of them whirling, spinning and sliding about the letters from line to line.
Which is a very easy exercise when you are bored to tears staring at the tree that is a wall tapestry that flutters during a service.

the tree of life would be as much a map as a natal or hoarary birth chart would be. And a persons abilities to read into them would be just as subjective.

Indeed, diagrams are necessarily static, whereas what they represent may be extremely dynamic. The Tree is misleading in that is a static view of the dynamic reality of which it is merely a low resolution snapshot.

Wimsaur

Sefer Yetzirah is as excellent book to familiarize yourself with Hebrew letters.

Mystical Qabalah by Dion Fortune is also very good. It focuses on the Sephiroth and not the paths.

In my opinion 10 symbols are definitely enough to get started. Give yourself time to absorb their meaning before delving into the paths between them.

After you are comfortable and have figured out what they are in the context of your life, you will have found that you have already been walking the paths!

Personally, I am a fan of using the tarot to understand the paths because pictures make for excellent focus points when getting in touch with feelings, but the letters also provide when properly 'pronounced'.

-Wimsaur.