What Oracle decks do you consider must haves?

Genna

The Faeries´Oracle by Brian Froud and Jessica Macbeth.

Emeraldgirl

Mine are:

Druid Animal Oracle
Froud's Faeries
Goddess Oracle - Doreen Virtue
Mandala oracle

They all do different things for me and it doesn't matter if I use them everyday or once in a blue moon they were all instant connection decks.

darwinia

Revisiting with a fresh eye

I was posting quite a lot in this thread last year, so I thought I'd revisit as I've bought quite a few new oracles. I use all of them all the time in single card draws here and there, but I think I've changed my favourites so I'll list some new-ish ones.

1)The Dreaming in Color Luman Deck is a favourite still, so it has staying power and depth.

2) I did manage to buy the I Ching Pack by Clark/Gill thanks to Jeannette's always wonderful service, and I love the art and his system for choosing cards. With the I Ching of Love and the Tao Oracle, it makes a great triad of I Ching. I am planning to buy the Yi King, Tarot Oriental de Paul Iki - French I Ching deck to round my I Ching collection out. The titling and book are in French but I love the artwork--very illustrative.

3) The Ocean Oracle is fabulous. Her meanings are geared to the shapes and names of shells, and when I used them in two studies I found information on two men who discovered and named each shell, so there is a historical interest to them I find. You can look them up online and see where they grow in the world and get a bit of geography too.

4) The Tree Magick deck--I have found some very interesting information on trees from this and it pairs very well with a French deck with botanical illustrations called Tarot des Fleurs which isn't a tarot deck but an oracle deck and contains trees and the flowers of trees. Great for increasing botanical knowledge and then seeing how this applies to every day situations.

5) The Abraham Well-Being Cards and associated books--very good on living in the NOW and using your mind to create/imagine a better life. I recently bought the Hicks's book "Ask and it is Given: Learning to Manifest your Desires" to augment the cards. It is similar to Wayne Dyer's book "You'll See It When You Believe It." and Dyer has written the forward to this book. The cards themselves have great primitive/folksy art and are very uplifting and peaceful, meditative things. Very calming, very grounding, and they go well with other decks. They are from Hay House, so they have that shiny laminate and large size of other Hay House cards.

6) Astro Mythological Game by Mlle. Lenormand--my first Lenormand and if you're looking for historical decks, these are more interesting, although younger, than the Marseille decks. Chock full of graphics and odd fortune-telling definitions but endlessly fascinating. I bought these because they were BIG cards and had three times the amount of illustrations as the regular Lenormand decks. Great for those interested in mythology too.

7) Some odd things that I use as oracles are the Fandex Family Field Guides. They are strips of card stock with art and information held together like a fan. I pick a card from the fan and then use it as I would an oracle card or use it in conjunction with other cards as a clarifier. The one I have on Mythology is fantastic, I highly recommend it as an oracle, and they have several available on Amazon in different subjects. I have another one on Shakespeare too which I enjoy. Something a bit different but absolutely packed with information and artwork both classic and new, photos, sculpture, film stills--whatever. GREAT to work with.

matchyg

Healing with Angels Oracle

Hi,
I consider the Healing with Angels Oracle cards a must have, they have beautiful art work and beautiful messages. They work well with healing with the faeries, and messages from the angels. I also like Australian Bush flower essences Cards that I use as an oracle.

I'm only familiar with the Doreen Virtue sets.

Guech

a_shikhs

well, healing with the angels by doreen virtue is definately worth keeping. they connect beautifully with you and the answers you get are quite amazing.

even magical unicorns is worth keeping for its beautiful artwork and glossy and golden rim.

ahhh how can i forget the very famous faeries oracle by froud.. definately a must have and a treasure. and even fairy ring oracle is a good one to have.

ShekinahMoon

lunakasha said:
However, my absolute FAVORITE oracle deck to read with is the Madame Endora Fortune Cards. These cards never lie....they are unbelievably accurate, intuitive....and also love the artwork, kinda dark and mysterious!!! :D

I should be getting that deck by Friday. I can't wait to get my hands on that deck. I do a morning reading and this deck will replace my current morning deck which is the Voodoo Tarot which is becoming a very big favorite of mine for a one card pull for the card of the day. So I am happily waiting for Madame Endora's deck to come in the mail.

sharpchick

dolphingirl said:
If you like decks basses on Runes I would highly recommend the Rune Vision deck by the same artist that did the Tarot of the Old Path. The cards are very large (4X6 I think) and the artwork is just stunning on them! :)

I have that deck also, and have just started using it. I thought it would be another method of learning runes, and might make me more comfortable with them also. It's my first time out of the gate with an oracle deck. I like it very much but have a question for users of runes. . .

With all the controversy I've found about there not really being a Wyrd (25th rune) in a set of Germanic runes, I've been using my deck without the blank 25th card. Since the deck's companion book also describes reversed interpretations for the runes that do not have reversals in runic form, how true to actual rune divination is this deck?

ShekinahMoon

I want the Mlle. Lenormand Fortune Telling Cards but I think they may be out of print. At leas the ones with the poems on them. :(

I like the Rainbow Bridge Oracle but it's not published. *sigh*

arachnophobia

CreativeFire said:
Medicine Cards by Jamie Sames & David Carson

This is my only Oracle deck as well :) but have always enjoyed this deck and found it a great reference as well for animal references in different tarot deck images.

CreativeFire

YAY, to Medicine Cards, Creative Fire, but I tend to use them for monthly personal medicine wheels, i.e. blu-tacked up around my room, so I don't use them for readings ;-))

BlueLotus

Opting for a bit of variety and change of pace, I have done some research on the internet and decided to buy the following oracles :
  • Druid Animal Oracle*
  • Trust Your Vibes Oracle Cards & Book
  • Moon Oracle by Smith, Caroline ( out of print )

*I know that this one is quite popular around here, and I also believe that the other two may also be as insightful . If anyone has been reading with them I would like to know what they think about them.