21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

Probie

21 Ways (Greer, 2006) - Step 2

Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot
7/The Chariot

Question #1

A man stands inside an ornate chariot before a city. While the chariot has functional aspect, it mainly exists as a ceremonial piece for show. The chariot is made of sturdy material, almost a mirror of the city walls which are in the background. Is it a castle before or within a castle? It has an ornate canopy that show the lunar light of an unclouded night sky with all the stars shining brightly even though the background is a bright yellow (though no sun is seen). Unlike most war chariots, it has banister poles like a four-posted bed. The wheels are yellow - almost the same shade as the background - which picks up the color in the center pin that holds in the wings decoration on the front, the belt around his waist, and the crown on his head as if these were all coordinated like an elaborate laying out of clothing for the day.

In the center plate of the chariot, there are a span of wings with the yellow lynch pin in the middle described above. There is a shield with a red top in the middle of it. The man wears a solar crown, moon-faced shoulder plates, elaborate & ceremonial armor (too good or elaborate for battle). His chest plate has an amulet which glows with such power that even it eclipses the sun with its brillance. The skirt of his armor has ancient runes/hieroglyphics and the belt possibly astrological signs as well. He holds a scepter in his right hand (in the Hebrew Scriptures, the "right hand" is a symbol of the total power of a being. Adonai says in the Book of Isaish, "By my right hand I shall accomplish it [bring the people back from Babylon to Judea]!") that has the light blue of the moon-faced plates and the tip is that reoccurring yellow. His hair rolls down his neck in light brown-red curls. His greeves (the glove part of armor - right term?) are exceptionally a light-bluish/off-white.

The chariot is pulled by two different colored sphinxes that are yin-yang composed entirely of black and white with the exception of the lips that are red. Where one is black, the other is white. One even appears female due to the presence of breasts to carry the symbology to the hilt. They face forward, but away from each other as if they seek to pull in their own unique directions. The charioteer must have been able to tame these creatures and bend them to his will in order for them to sit with each other the way they do, much less pull his symbol of office. In such formal circumstances, such disorderlieness would not be tolerated.

In the background is a river and on the other side is a medieval town - or at least that's the style. I am reminded of a passage from one of the Books of Samuel where one of David's sons, Absalom, stages a coup against his father. He gets himself a chariot, fifty men to run before him, and takes up post at the city gates to hear the people's grievances. He offers them accessible justice and says his father is much too busy for them. It is interesting that a chariot is much a symbol of office as a throne. In fact, maybe it is best seen as either the throne away throne or a mobile throne.

Question #2

"I stand before my city on the plain. There is the defensive moat between the city walls and the plain which I am on. I have been chosen to take up my post in the chariot that represents our town. It is a symbol of who we are as a fierce, industrious, compassionate people who care deeply about the values we cheerish. In my right hand I carry a scepter, though only a piece of wood a mere downward stroke swiftly will bring armed men and women to my aid to destroy a foe yet a meer extension offers entrance to our town.

My chariot is ornate, which is only fitting as a symbol of our town and the first impression a traveler has of it. Many men and women bent their artistic skill to its construction. My armor is ornate with moon-faces on my shoulders, a detailed armored skirt with powerful symbols, and an elaborate breastplate. You wouldn't know it because of the powerful treasure I have inside of an amulet that hangs near my heart. My chariot is drawn by two different sphinxes and it takes all I have to keep them in line. They are carefully groomed, trained, and feed lest one become more powerful than the other so as the chariot merely turns in circles."

References:

Greer, M. K. (2006). 21 ways to read a tarot card. Woodbury, MN: Llewellyn Worldwide.

The Guided Hermit

Activity 2:1a
The VIA Tarot—The Wheel

The Wheel in the VIA Tarot has a divided in a number of sections. The background at bottom 1/3 of the card is pure white and with straight bottom and sides. Part of the Wheel touch the borders and above that point of contact, the card offers a series of easy gradations of pale lavender to pale grape into the sudden appearance of a medium hued blue partial circle that provides the resting place for an egg shaped sphere of white. Situated in this egg is a gold Ankh.

The base of the egg is supported in the upturned arch created by an eagle’s wings. The eagle is in flight and appears to be landing into a large pair of open and outstretched hands. The hands arise from the top of a Great Wheel and are positioned at 12 o’clock.

The Wheel is yellow-gold and contains 10 spokes. The wheel is faced directly at us.

Directly beneath the raised hands, following the center line of the card, directly under the line created by the Ankh above, is a clean shaven person (appears male). The arms of this figure are crossed. He holds wands in both hands. In his right hand, crossing over to his left side is a crook headed wand. His other hand holds a straight wand with a small ball head. He appears to not be wearing clothes. His lower half is obscured by thin, ribbon rays of yellow-gold light that emerge from the hub of the wheel. The center of this hub is a golden circle, resembling a perfectly circular egg yolk. Outside of this yellow circle is another circle of white. It spreads out towards the rim of the wheel then is abruptly cut off, casting spill over illumination into the swirling vortex of lavender and purples in the background.

A blond haired woman, with short hair, stands at the bottom of the wheel. She placed on the center line of the card with the man above. Her arms are outstretched; her right hand is raised out and above her head. Her fingers are slightly spread. Holding the hem of her knee length and flimsy dress, the woman’s left hand lifts the hem up in line with the terminus of the white orb in the back ground. Two long green cords hang from the left side of her waist and reach the distance of her calves.

The woman stands on top of the rim at the bottom of the Wheel’s cycle. Her feet are resting on the head of a snake that is in the process of eating its tail. Upon inspection, it is seen the wheel is composed of this snake, but because its body segues into a band of gold higher up the wheel, it may not be so immediately realized by some viewers.

Purple hued flame like Lotus petals rise from the backside of the bottom of the wheel.

Two nude female figures are placed on the wheel. Using their heads as points of reference, both are equal distant across the wheel. The woman located at the right facing side of wheel is in near vertical repose, her curved hands are gracefully extended above her; her auburn hair, long and straight, extends to her wrists; her face is turned slightly towards us. With her eyes closed, she appears at ease.

The other woman is on the downward cycle of the wheel. Facing head first, she is fully extended along the wheel and appears that she is in the middle of a dive into water. She holds a delicate smile. Her reddish-brown hair also reaches forward and peeps out just beneath extended wrists.

2:1B

I’m standing on a golden sun, looking down upon a revolving world. I cross my arms and look down upon the fair hair of the woman I love. She flirts with me, raising her skirt, her eyes averted, not looking up. I know she is aware of me. I smile within as the wheel turns, for soon I shall look up at her. For a brief moment, our eyes will meet and between us, there will be a smile.

Attachments

• 10--The Wheel.jpg
    10--The Wheel.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 113

prettywicked

Step Two: Legacy of the Divine Tarot, Seven of Wands

Step Two: Legacy of the Divine Tarot, Seven of Wands

I am a strong female, looking fearless & alone even though I seem to hesitate. I step into a doorway with my wand in my hand lighting the way but as soon as I walk in I see 6 other wands pointed right at me. Are they against me? Are they telling me to go back to where I came from? Or are they lighting the way for me? The bottom of my outfit seems to turn invisible, I don't feel as though I should be here right now.. but I will continue on my journey. My face looks deathly, maybe I am sick. Sick & tired of battling these things I need to overcome. I am going to keep going, towards the other 6 wands to see what their thoughts are, and what they want with me. And if I have to fight & take on too many things to get what I want, so be it.

dadsnook2000

Many possibilites in this card as depicted

This card can suggest a range of possibilities. You talk of the lower part of the figure being transparent---perhaps the door is too small and the figure is standing outside of the doorway. This might suggest that the temple is a mental construction and not quite real, that you can walk into it or through it by recognizing a mental construct for what it is. Seven can be a "testing" card, and wands can indicate dreams or fantasy. In a reading, this card could signify facing/recognize a false story or situation for what it is.

There is also a triangle of light about the tip of the wand that is being held upright. This suggests that "your" light is balanced and whole while the multiple tips of the wands inside the building are each different, suggesting a lack of coherence in what they might represent. The tips of these wands remind me of those wands found in the Robin Wood Tarot.

The stairs leading down invite you to also descend into some basic meanings or explorations. You might have to enter into the situation in order to get to the basic meaning of this card in a spread position.

Just some thoughts. Dave

rabidwolfie

(Shadowscapes, 5 of Wands)

I am on a cliff, a rather steep, rocky cliff. A hare & a great multitude of foxes are running past me & a boy in white pants is running in the opposite direction, carrying a long pole in his hands.

One of the foxes is pausing a moment to look at me. Some of the foxes are grabbing onto the boy's belt & arm bands & one of them appears to have smacked into his belly as if misjudging his leap. The sky is tannish brown & a little misty, as if it were either early morning or getting quite late in the day, but not the color it would be if the sun was high in the sky.

UlfyMcT

21 Ways - Step Two

Hermetic Tarot - The Blasted Tower (XVI)

I am plummeting out of a tall tower toward a body of water at the structure's base. Looking up briefly from my descent, I can see stone shards flying in all directions, as well as several smaller bolts of lightning branching off of the main arc that struck the tower.

As I fall closer to the water, I notice what looks like either a pole or a snake-like creature at the base of the tower, though I cannot say for sure which it is.

The Tower itself (or what's left of it, anyway) appears to have been built in layers: the steps at the bottom lead into a section that resembles a simply decorated vase or pot, though on a much larger scale, which in turn supports a darker, plainer section with no visible windows or decor, crowned by a small cap that looks like either a lighthouse top or a bell tower.

Glancing upward again, I can see the source of this destruction, the sun, complete with triangular patterns. I can also see a large Mars or male symbol near the top of the tower.

On either side of me, two nearly identical charts reside, consisting of several circles connected by a series of lines, with one chart containing white circles and the other black.

shiresun

Robin Wood Tarot

The Chariot
Card 7
Major Arcana

There is a canopy open on three sides, with a top of sky blue, showing stars, and the back a darker blue, also showing stars. There are two front swags, the inside showing the same darker blue as the back, showing stars also, and the outer side a purple.These are attached two a thin wooden post on either side of a man.

A man who has blonde hair, is staring straight at the viewer, his mouth open. Around his head is a silver band, possibly metal, with a blue stone set in the center of his forehead. He wears gold and silver armor, with the sun emblem upon his breast plate. The sleeves of his shirt are the darker blue of the swags and back panel of the canopy. He holds a harp, and his fingers are touching the strings.

The chariot is golden in color, and the wheels, also are the same hue. Sitting upon the top of the front of the chariot is a set of silver wings, with a blue stone in the center. This is just above a Yin/Yang emblem. Pulling the chariot are two unicorns; one is black with a silver horn, green eyes, and a silver halter, and the other is white with a golden horn, and also has green eyes. This Unicorn has a golden halter. There is no definable background or surrounding, except for yellow billows forming behind the canopy over the chariot.

~ ~ ~

Part Two: First person

I am sitting in the driver's seat of a chariot. I am wearing a blue tunic and gold and silver armor, and I have a sun emblem upon the breast of my armor on the left side. Above and around me are panels of a canopy, silver stars on a blue background. The top is a lighter blue, but still has stars. I am holding a wooden hand held harp, my fingers resting against the strings.

The chariot is a golden color, and there are two unicorns leading the Chariot; one is black with a silver horn, and a matching silver halter, and the other is white with a golden horn and a golden halter. Resting at the top, center of the chariot is a pair of wings that are silver in color and just below it is a yin/yang emblem, the white side on the black Unicorn's side, and the black, on the white unicorn's side. There is no scenery surrounding the chariot.

hottierockstar

21 ways - step 2

Tarot of Vampyres - Seven of Skulls

a naked young half woman/half furry animal with big feet is outside, hugging a scepter shaped grave-marker that has a skull attached. she is sitting on her hip with her torso open - partially to the grave-marker and partially to the outside world, her lower body/arms are closed in an overall posture of protection.
in the background is a high wall and a bumpy, withered, leafless, fruitless tree. what once was the fruit of the tree is scattered at the base of the tree and the base of the grave-marker...looking a little like skulls or rotting potatoes. the only color is the fresh blood-dripping heart in the woman's hand and the blood from/on her lips. There is a sword like symbol hidden in the art of the tree.

First Person:
I am sitting protectively hugging a scepter-shaped grave-marker. I have a fresh bloody heart in my hand and blood on my lips. there is scattered overripe fruit at my folded legs from the withered and knotty tree behind me. Just beyond the tree is a tall wall. I am naked and not completely human.

Spooky

step 2 the Fool- Gateway to the Divine

I am a little white dog holding onto a scarf with my teeth belonging to a man dressed in red who is balancing on top of a hourglass with his left foot. We are high above the blue earth with many stars around us. The man is wearing a mask and holding a jack in the box with his right hand. There are tarot cards floating out of the top which he is trying to catch.

Fragments

21 ways to read a tarot card: Step 2

The Two of Cups: The Rider Waite Tarot

I am standing beside a couple, they extend their hands, each hand clasping a cup. The female's face is pulled tight whilst the man seems to be more relaxed in both expression and in body.

The female wears a formal white gown with a green over garment, her red shoes glimpse out from under her dress. A laurel wreath is pushed firmly onto her neat hair. Her hands are more firmly clasped around the cup she holds out. For her this exchange is more of a sacrifice.

The male figure steps forwards, his hand extends towards her cup. I wonder if he is going to take the cup from her and keep his own.

His clothing is far more outlandish than hers, he wears a tunic in what appears to be leopard skin and his wreath is made of red berries.

Above them there is the winged head of lion mounted on what appears to be a curling metal structure. I am not aware of this symbolism.

Behind the couple there is a small dwelling nested into the hills.