The Medieval Housebook

kwaw

DoctorArcanusThe World card you found[/url said:
is surprising: this World woman is Artemis / Diana / the Moon. This makes me think of other World cards in which the woman seems to represent Fortune (and Fortune, as recently written by Ross, is associated to the Moon for its continuous change).

Marco

"Uncertain, fortune's favours be,
And as the moon, so changeth she."

http://emblem.libraries.psu.edu/withe174.htm

Kwaw

kwaw

Ross G Caldwell said:
A straightforward application of the planets to the first seven cards has never worked out for me - Saturn is the problem.

0-Fool-Moon ("lunatic")
1-Bag.-Mercury
2-Empress or Papessa - Venus
3-Papessa or Empress - Sun (iffy - Papessa as "Dame Doctrine"?)
4-Emperor-Mars
5-Pope-Jupiter
6-Love or Temperance (B order)-Saturn???
I have done a similar exercise with straight one-one correspondences between the planets and first seven cards in another thread. Though I used different planetary associations to yourself I did use VI-Saturn.

Of Saturn and Atout VI:

"Saturn – Love: Saturn, the planet of duty and that which 'binds', is exalted in Libra, ruled by Venus the Goddess of Love and consignificater of the seventh house, the house of marriage, partnerships, alliances and contracts. There are three people [number of Saturn], a couple and an older person [saturnine]. Who is the Saturnine figure? A matchmaker perhaps, or parental figure? Love is channelled into a socially functional tool of maintaining social prestige, a way to lead to endurance and stability, the arrangement of dowries, maintenance of the family line, estate, inheritance, and the formation of alliances between not only the couple concerned but of their 'houses' or even of nations. The couple of preparing to leave the depency upon their parents to take up their own social responsibilities and the continuation of the family."

Kwaw