Lord of the rings tarot

Moonson

Ahh! TY Shade!! This is the one i've seen and was looking for... Tarot garden?! i did a search in tarot garden and this deck didn't come up! weird...
Does anyone have this deck?
How is it comparing with the one from US Games?

Moonson

TY Shade! going to read it

Edit: ok i'm disapointed... after reading that review i guess the US games deck is much better, and this sums it up: "It is really a pity that this deck has been put together with so little understanding of tarot."

Shade

It is sad really as Tolkien's writings deserve a really great tarot deck. I think we might be better off with a "Middle-Earth Tarot" with imagery from the Silmarillion and the early days... but it would have significantly less commercial appeal and you would almost certainly have to have read the Silmarillion and the Lost Tales to make use of it.

Moonson

True!!
All that seem to matter these days is that "commercial appeal"! :(

WolfyJames

Another problem with the Lord of the Rings Tarot, and the Maroon Tarot has the same flaw, too much of the cards are taken by the borders leaving the images small and hard to see. If only the borders would have been at least half less than that.

I have the deck and I never use it but the art is not that bad, but like I said above, the borders are way too big.

cpriestess

Beautiful Lord of the Rings Tarot Art - Deck in the Making??

I just found a link to a Russian artist's website. There are some Major Arcana paintings in the gallery of the Lord of the Rings characters. It is really well done. The art, to me, is a combination of Art Nouveau and Elvish. I hope this artist will continue painting more and have a completed deck at some point. Here is the link to the tarot gallery for the paintings done so far:

http://sceithailm.deviantart.com/gallery/42629932

dancing_moon

:bugeyed: So beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :heart:

Hemera

Oooh, how beautiful! I hope it will be a full deck and not just Majors only.