The Wheel of the Year Tarot (new LoS deck)

Le Fanu

It's not a chick, it's a dinosaur. A baby pterodactyl. And if you see one, you too should clobber it.

cardlady22

ROFLMAO! Le Fanu, you kill me!

shadowdancer

this is now on preorder with Amazon.

Ludy Lescot tarot also looks interesting but want to see more of that before I decide.

Re the Wheel: LOVE the vibrancy and energy of the aces.

Davina

SixDegrees

Here's a happy little presentation of the entire deck set to song on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkPjLx3CoIE

And, for the record, I also thought the children in the Three of Cups looked like they were going to clobber that bird, upon first impression. :)

HuskyChariot

Happy indeed :D I thin k I want this now, might sound corny, but it has a certain innocence about it that is quite charming.

shadowdancer

I absolutely LOVE it.

This got my tingling when I saw the handful of images on FB. I have to say the aces are amongst the best I have seen on any deck. Vibrant, energised and actually have something to say in their own right.

Having now seen the FB show, this I think will be my favourite of all LS decks, and am so glad I have it on pre-order. Already I can see more than a few of the images will end up in my patchwork deck but I think I may order a Dark Nature Case specifically for this. Trust me - that is saying something. I have had a list of top 6 decks which has remained unchanged for a while. This I really do think will be added to make it 7. The clincher for me will be how vibrant it is in real life. Too often decks pop online but are washed out in your hand. If this is as vibrant I am sold - hook, line and sinker.

I rarely sing this lyrically about a deck I don't yet have in my paws but this really does rock. Now counting the days down until it is available from Amazon.

Davina

cardlady22

Eyebright said:
Would love to know what the runic inscription on the Hermit card says if anyone has knowledge in that area!
For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to list the rune names from left to right as they appear in the screenshot from the video. Spellings vary.

ansuz, isa, raidho, fehu, mannaz

othala, teiwaz, nauthiz, ansuz

ansuz, laguz, laguz, ehwaz, nauthiz

Attachments

• WWhermRunes.jpg
    WWhermRunes.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 103

OctoberGwen

The Devil

Aerin said:

Indeed. :bugeyed:

ETA:
Nope, this one's not for me. I like a few of the images (Tower, Four Cups), but overall the style of the artwork just turns me off, I'm afraid. I'm happy for others' excitement, though - enjoy, and I hope you love it as much or more in person!

Aerin

There are some cards I love - Death, most of the swords. Also, the backs. So very fitting.

Is it totally shallow to think of buying a deck for the backs????

OctoberGwen

Aerin said:
There are some cards I love - Death, most of the swords. Also, the backs. So very fitting.

Is it totally shallow to think of buying a deck for the backs????

LOL. Nah. :D

Okay, I'm going back to the youtbe video so I can see the swords..I have to admit, I got bored. I know LoS posted a card on FB a while back, and I know I liked it...I bet it was a sword.

ETA: Nope. I do like a couple of those, as they are less smiley. Still, though...not for me.