Most visually inspiring decks?

Ambience

I really like the legend arthurian tarot that i'm using now, but some cards are not visually inspiring for me and i'd like a new deck that really gets to me on a soul level rather than one that makes me have to use my auditory sense as a medium of perception and understanding.

I like to be able to describe what is happening in the card and how that relates to the reader, but i find myself listening to myself in my head about the card and how that relates to the reader. Although this is one medium of understanding- it it my weaker sense i think.

Does anyone have any suggestions for decks. I love animals, nature, i like to be able to associate to the imagery immediately without thinking- i don't want a deck that makes me work hard for answers.

I want information from my intuition to flow to me easily. I don't like there to be a strain when reading the cards and i get that sometimes with this deck.

Any ideas?

p.s Two of my favorite decks for intuitive reading are vision quest tarot and lisa hunts animals divine. Oh and i like the mystic dreamer tarot as well. Rider waite remains a favorite.

Decks like Thoth tarot or kat blacks golden tarot make me shiver and went straight back in the box. I still have them hoping some day my feelings will change, but no thanks- i don't resonate with these at all.

I guess i need the deck to feel warm, friendly, compassionate and kind.I don't want harsh.

Myrrha

If you like fairly simple imagery check out the Badger's Forest Tarot. It is such an individual thing, what visual imagery inspires a person's intuition. I find Nakisha's artwork very soulful and simple imagery might give your intuition a chance to kick in without getting drowned out by a lot of complex ideas or a system of symbolism or mythology.

kellyshay

for me its The Wild of unknown tarot..so simple....yet so complex..
It gives clear and loud messages! I love it :)

Padma

If you like animals, Pagan Cats is pretty, imo, and it speaks very gently but very clearly.

Myself one of my favourite decks is the Daniloff, but you might find it pricey. Reads clearly and easily, with quirky art, but not overly detailed pics.

Art in a deck is such a personal matter. When I first began collecting decks, I went to Tarot Garden website, and strolled through a ton of decks there, as well as to the cards link here; or I would go to Amazon and just type tarot decks in the search bar. If I saw a deck I thought I would like, I would then look it up on Google images to see more of the cards :) Using that technique, I was able to find and get many decks that I love and use, and am not disappointed with.

Good luck!

ETA Tarot Illuminati is rich, detailed, pretty, a breeze to read, and has a ton of gorgeous horses in it :)

Penthasilia

I second the Illuminati- one of the few decks that was instantly readable directly out of the box. It is seamless, unbelievably easy to read- it comes so effortlessly that I was comfortable reading for others the day I received it- which is not common.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/illuminati/

The only other one I ever had that was easy like that would be the Crystal Visions. Completely different art work- not something I would have even seen myself liking, but it reads so incredibly well that it will stay a part of my collection.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/crystal-visions/

I started a thread once- asking people for their top picks of "easy reading" decks, you may want to check it out as well for alternative ideas. :)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=189402

Many had mentioned the Cosmic- which I purchased but ended up getting rid of as it didn't work as well as the two I mentioned and the art wasn't enough for me to keep it- but it may work better for you.

Hopefully that helps a bit. :D

Padma

yeah, the Cosmic is an interesting deck! I am not nuts about the art style, much like Penthasilia says, but I do find it is pretty chatty. It has a lot to say! I don't use mine often, but I think I might keep it - if only because it is the only Thoth based deck I own. I find it good for intuitive readings, somehow. It's an odd duck deck, lol! The imagery is very movie-star based and from every era, from the 1920s upwards. Kind of ends in the 1980's with the Flashdance sort of look. :) If you like movies from the last century, you'll probably enjoy the deck.

The Victorian romantic is easy to read, I find, as well as pretty, and also the Baroque Bohemian cats deck. Hth!

BeyondtheVeil

I'm not sure about 'visually inspiring", but definitely intuition inspiring is the DruidCraft Tarot.

I also think the Anna K deck is just beautiful! I love the 8 of Swords card in that deck.I also copied it onto other cards so I could glitter them. :D That gives it something "inspired". :D

Sulis

I sound like a stuck record but; The Wild Unknown Tarot :).

journeyinghome

Touchstone, Stella's Tarot, Paulina, Tarot of the Spirit and the Sidhe are all visually inspiring in my opinion. However, I'd say you can't beat the Thoth though. Go for the large version and remove the borders - makes a huge difference :)

Zephyros

The Voyager is completely un-traditional, and seems to be suited for what you're describing.