Barbara Walker Tarot - Please Tarot Gods or U.S. Games Reprint This Deck!!! :-)

Tanga

Great! Thanks!

...I mentioned the Cat People just as an example of a deck that is perennially in print and not expensive. I find it a bit silly, personally. All that invented cosmic stuff. Why bother? There's enough fascinating true stuff in life without inventing an imaginary planet replete with details of the hierarchy. I wish they'd called it something 70s and disco - emphasised the clothes a bit more and the disco fever hair - forget cats - and I think they'd be onto something. As it is, a find it a bit silly and pointless.

Not a Sci-Fi fan then. :)

Ah yes. One of my 1st Tarot books. ...better retrieve my lent copy at some point...

h3ll0k1tt33

hope you like the book! i remember it being really interesting, but it has been ages since i read it. i know the deck made a lot more sense after reading it.
i always loved the Barbara Walker deck :) but it would indeed be nice to see it without the thick white borders.
those of us that knit also know her well for her awesome knitting books, which are also still in print. she is a fascinating lady for sure.

magpie9

This is another great reason for U.S. Games to put out a new edition. Less white borders would be ideal. The art does get lost a bit, you're right. I love the small deck size though. :)

Hmmm....could trim.....?

h3ll0k1tt33

it would be pretty small after trimming, but if you're ok with that...
i'd love to see pics if anyone does trim theirs

G6

Navigators of the Mystic SEA

To me the BW looks like a watered-down Navigators of the Mystic SEA. Maybe I'll take a second look and see what the hubbub is.

Curious about the camparison between Barbara Walker Tarot and Navigators of the Mystic SEA?

Someone is selling new copies of Navigators of the Mystic SEA for $7 right now. If I'm into Barbara Walker would I like Navigators of the Mystic SEA? The imagery didn't jump out at me right away, but there is a lot to look at and I really like some of the individual cards when looking at the deck as a whole. The companion book seems hard to find at a reasonable price and some people say they can't read with it. Thoughts?