Which deck do you think is the most beautiful?

magicjack

The Tarot of the Holy Light. The colors are absolutely beautiful.

Tobe

As cliche as I sound, as cheesy as it makes me look.
I'd say all decks are beautiful (boooooooooo)

I know I know, hear me out first.
Each deck has their own tweak and style, they all mean similar things, but a slight of change will give a brand new perspective to the card.

The thinking behind each deck, the time being put in, the efforts being invested, and the creativity the blooms behind each stroke of coloring. Of which, I believe deserve to be called beautiful despite the final result.

Its ideas itself and the fact that this author / artist manage to push out 78 different paintings and published for us to purchase, to me, are very beautiful.

But allow me to slide in with a shout-out for The Arthur Rackham Oracle @v@....

Richard

ISIS Tarot de Marseille

FLizarraga

First, I'm going to go on a limb and say that, of all the gorgeous author decks out there nowadays --and there are a gazillion ones, and counting -- the most beautiful one in my eyes is the Mary-El Tarot.

I know, it has a lot of competition, and it's a very polarizing deck, but I find myself hard-pressed to point out anything else that could surpass it in all its bold beauty, its weirdness and its sheer chutzpah.

That said, I do think a lot more people will agree with me that at least two decks of the much lamented Brian Williams are pretty close to the top: his Renaissance Tarot and his version of the Minchiate. They are truly extraordinary.

FLizarraga

The Pierpont Morgan aka Modrone aka Visconti Sforza is that deck of which I own almost every single iteration out there, except for the Il Meneghello and maybe one that escapes me (literally) right now. The fact that the first proper and mostly complete Tarot deck that has survived is a thing of unsurpassed beauty is mind-boggling.

Sadly, the older USG facsimile edition I have is saddled with the most unfortunate backs ever imposed on a deck. They are a rotten tomato red that makes my eyes bleed. (The reason I let go my USG Cary-Yale was that its leprosy-hued backs were even worse.)

The Cary-Yale is, alas, the expanded twin of the Sforza/Modrone/Morgan.

(And yes, all you evil enablers out there: your work is done. I didn't buy the Il Meneghello deck, but I got the next best thing: the new USG facsimile edition, with brighter colors and meh-but-much-better backs. Don't look at me like that; 'money don't grow on trees,' you know.)

Parzival

Most Beautiful Deck?

The Tarot of the Holy Light. The colors are absolutely beautiful.

Not just One! After all, this is the Aeclectic Tarot. Still, this one-- Tarot of the Holy Light-- is amazing in its colorful symbolic symmetry. As referred to before, the Roots of Asia is magnificently meditative, and so is the Celtic Tarot in a more dramatic way. The Thoth is not to be neglected for its Art as Beauty/Truth, Finally, the new Illuminati Tarot is impressive in its Art. So is the Cathar Tarot. So many beautiful Tarots in so many different ways.