Shadowscapes Tarot

Little Baron

You got it Temperleyne! That is just how I feel about it.

First of all, I thought 'now this is well done'. Then I clicked the next. And the next, and I yawned, and thought 'how dull reading with it would be'. And as for the '6 of Cups' - pass the sick bucket, someone. Great artist, but nothing particularly interesting or groundbreaking to write home about.

[I imagine I will get wrapped over the head by a handful of artists and wish-lists, whinging on about how incredibe the arts is and the time spent on it. I don't dismiss the great artwork. It is just nothing special, as a deck]

LB

huredriel

LittleBuddha said:
[I imagine I will get wrapped over the head by a handful of artists and wish-lists, whinging on about how incredibe the arts is and the time spent on it. I don't dismiss the great artwork. It is just nothing special, as a deck]
Gets paper and starts rapping :D:D:D :p:p:p

Little Baron

temperlyne said:
I have no doubt that this deck will make it into the AT top ten in its year of publication however!

I am sure that will be no mean feat.

LB

HearthCricket

I am one of those people who absolutely loves this deck. Not sure it would be my choice for a top ten...we have some nice decks coming out this year and tough competition, and I am not even sure it will be out this year, either. Has anyone heard a release date on this, as she is still working on it?

I love the intricate artwork and the influence by Arthur Rackham. Sometimes decks that seem light and airy can end up having some very hefty and dark readings. Look at the Hanson Roberts. On first glance it looks so cute, but upon more experience with it, it becomes very straight forward and doesn't gloss things over. Same with the BBC...who thought a deck with cats dressed up in pretty costumes could be so serious?

I believe any deck that portrays the world of fey is going to have both a light and dark side to it, but it may not come out until working with the actual deck and being willing to enter their feather-light world to find out there are thorns in it, as well.

connegrl

The artistry is beautiful. I'd love to just sit and look at the pictures. But....I don't know that I'd want to read with it anymore than I wanted to read with the Fenestra. To much the same on every card. Now it could be deeper and more different in person. The artist is very good. Its just not what I'd want to read with.

Jen

Alta

I will say this one is very pretty. But, the images look like they were made to be greeting cards (and suspect they'll be sold that way). Just nothing there; all form no substance. :)

Tara2007

Oooooh....and I don't normally like the swirly Rococco style images...but this is really special....

Well, I may be doing some more card shopping sooner than I thought!

Thanks for mentioning this deck, I had not seen it before.

Tara2007

Marion said:
I will say this one is very pretty. But, the images look like they were made to be greeting cards (and suspect they'll be sold that way). Just nothing there; all form no substance. :)

Oh no! I wouldn't like to see this deck go so commercial. They remind me of early Conde Nast Vogue Magazine cover pictures, and I mean that in a positive way. Granted, they won't appeal to everyone, and I'm surprised that I like them to be frank!

Briar Rose

Every card has different symbols on them. It's not all the same.

Al Si'ra

I am eagerly waiting for this deck to be published..!! for oover a year now..

:love:
xx