Mary Greer

gloria

Can anyone give me any information on Mary Greer's book, The Enchanted Tarot.
The main content of the book, your views and opinions, would be greatly appreciated.

Cerulean

Hello, Gloria.

In the U.S., the only Mary K. Greer that I know writing on tarot doesn't have a current book title of the Enchanted Tarot. I looked on Amazon.com U.S. Can you tell me where you found your title and author? I'm wondering if there was an old or new book in the United Kingdom that carries this name, because in the U.S., Enchanted Tarot is associated with two other authors.

In the U.S., the painter Amy Zerner and writer Monte Farber do have numerous Enchanted Tarot titles in print.

I've heard that an Italian publisher who released a tarot deck similarly translated as "Enchanted Tarot" in English---they reissued their deck under the name Tarot of the Hidden Folk. The artist though is named Gaudanzi.

It's kind of hard to know, as I cannot find a current website for Mary Greer now. If I find anything, I will post.

Mari H.

jmd

Given the list of Mary Greer's books, I too would be surprised to see that she has a book on the Enchanted Tarot.

It could, of course, be the title of a forthcoming book not on the deck by that name, but as a description of Tarot...

As far as I'm aware, these are the books written by Mary Greer:
  • Tarot Reversals
  • The Tarot Court
  • Tarot for Your Self
  • Tarot Constellations
  • Tarot Mirrors
  • and a forthcoming co-authored book as yet untitled, but not on the mentioned deck
This may not help much in your search, but it is all I have at my disposal.

gloria

There were three or four lines I read somewhere, which I thought sounded interesting, and underneath was written "taken from The Enchanted Tarot by Mary Greer"
I did think at the time it was a bit out of the norm for her, so maybe it was an error.
I shall try to find where this was, (needle in haystack I know) but when I do I shall let you know.
And many thanks to you.