Which best expresses unity, fraternity, solidarity?

empress's dress

Which card or combination of cards best express unity, fraternity, solidarity?

3 of cups doesn't cut it for me because it feels more like a fleeting good moment between people. But if someone has a different view on the 3 of cups I would love to hear it.

The Hierophant could suggest it depending on surround cards.
The World could suggest it too depending on surrounding cards.
The Sun combined with The World or the The Hierophant could strongly suggest it.
Justice can too.
The 10 of cups can suggest it as can the 10 of pentacles.

The 10 of cups seems like the strongest card for this idea.

I would love someone else's thoughts on this. Thanks.

And i would love to know which deck you are basing your idea on. Perhaps, that is a deck I should get!

Barleywine

I often see the 4 of Wands as a card of "good fellowship." The Fours are about stability and the Wands are about courage, so maybe "strength in numbers" or "comrades-at-arms" are reasonable descriptions. The Three Musketeers' motto "All for one and one for all!" comes to mind. The Anna K version seems especially good in this regard. It shows four high-spirited young people starting out on an adventure, with backpacks and walking sticks in hand.

empress's dress

I often see the 4 of Wands as a card of "good fellowship." The Fours are about stability and the Wands are about courage, so maybe "strength in numbers" or "comrades-at-arms" are reasonable descriptions. The Three Musketeers' motto "All for one and one for all!" comes to mind. The Anna K version seems especially good in this regard. It shows four high-spirited young people starting out on an adventure, with backpacks and walking sticks in hand.

Yes, totally true about the 4 of wands. But I thought of it as fleeting as well. Perhaps I am not being fair. Perhaps all feelings are fleeting and only need persist long enough to get the job done. These ideas are about working together regardless of differences among the participants in name of a good reason (i don't want to say cause) and the 4 of wands in Anna K. does suggest this.

I have this deck and it is one of my favorites. Thank you for bringing it up. I hadn't thought of it!

Barleywine

I definitely agree with the solidarity remaining in place only as long as necessary to accomplish the goal. The 4 of Wands has been titled "Completion," but it also carries the seed of its own undoing (Crowley). If you're looking for long-term solidarity, some more intense expression of "Four-ness" would be a better fit. Direct numerology only takes you so far, but Joseph Maxwell's idea of breaking numbers down into the unity (One), binary (Two), ternary (Three) and quaternary (Four) works better. So the Hierophant is an expression of the unity and the quaternary (1+4), as well as the binary and the ternary (2+3). The first one supports your objective. The Chariot represents the ternary and the quaternary (3+4), bringing together harmony and stability. There is also the Big Kahuna of "Four-ness," the Emperor.

Tanga

Yes, totally true about the 4 of wands. But I thought of it as fleeting as well. Perhaps I am not being fair. Perhaps all feelings are fleeting and only need persist long enough to get the job done. These ideas are about working together regardless of differences among the participants in name of a good reason (i don't want to say cause) and the 4 of wands in Anna K. does suggest this.

I have this deck and it is one of my favorites. Thank you for bringing it up. I hadn't thought of it!

:) Because 4 of Wands immediately brings to mind a best friends wedding (Jewish - they get married under a canopy with 4 posts) - I've never thought of it as fleeting - but an opposite of deep commitment.
In the case of the marriage - taking on not just 'the other person' but the whole community, way-of-life and belief system that comes with them/that.