Beyoncé = Empress?

danieljuk

There is a lot of speculation at the moment about Beyoncé's current look and the symbolism of her outfits whilst she is pregnant. Some people are saying that she is using a lot of Empress imagery. I can really see the RWS Empress in her style. Also there is influences of Oshun an Orisha from the Santeria Church and a little Botticelli "Birth of Venus".

But I am really interested in her Empress symbolism. I have attached pics.

The first pictures Beyoncé released revealed she as pregnant. One with a veil with a lot of fruit and flowers around. The pic I attached shows her reclining like the Empress. The second pic is of her Grammy performance last night. She clearly has a crown exactly like the Empress but with perhaps a more religious styling.

It's interesting that she is using an Empress archetype to represent this stage of her career whilst she is pregnant. I definitely think her stylists and her have taken inspiration from the Tarot :) :thumbsup: Even the pop media are discussing this influence which is nice to see the tarot talked about :)

Attachments

• Empress.jpg
    Empress.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 216
  • beyonceempress1.jpg
    beyonceempress1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 229
  • beyonce-grammys-performance.jpg
    beyonce-grammys-performance.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 246

Tea&Temperance

I agree! I was thinking to myself the other night that she really has the nurturing "Mother Nature" nature vibe of the Empress going on. Great observations danieljuk!

decan

Yes, you are right, concerning her public image Beyoncé embodies this card!

There is as well something very Solar, a Sun influence (well I don't know her natal chart at all). I can see this through her behaviour (very proud), the use of gold and so on. Of course also her success!