my tarot dream book list i compiled what you think ?

HOLMES

78 degrees of wisdom by rachael pollack
tarot readings and meditions
tarot for yourself by mary k greer.
tarot and the journy of the hereo
tarot and the three of life finding everyday wisdom in the minor arcanna
tarot journeys advetnures in self transformation
a magicial course in tarot, reading the cards a whole new way
tarot mirros by mark k greer
tarot constellations patterns of personal destiny
jung and tarot the arctypical journey
discovering yourself through the tarot, a jungian guide to archtypes and personalities
tarot for the healing heart
tarot card combinations i know no one likes but i saw it some years ago and iw anted it really bad after i looked through it but at the time i wasnt' into tarot i was into channeling ehhe
power tarot more then a 100 spreads
tarot unvield the method to its' magic
tarot and psychology, spectrums of possiblities
spiritual tarot, 78 paths to self development
tarot awareness, exploring the spiritual path
inuitive tarot , a metaphysical approach to reading the tarot cards
the royal road , a manual of kabalistic medition of the tarot
all the connoly tarot books for the connoly deck which i will get again.
and the inner child workbook not yet published
wheel of destiny, the tarot reveals your master plan
choice centered relating and the tarot
tarot as a way of life a jungian approach to the tarot
spent an hour and a half going through amazon to get what appealed to me whiel staying away from beginner book
still can't beleive i only have four tarot boosk and they are beginners arrrghhh.

oh yeah i found out on amazon they are selling the dream power deck for 141 i almost was going to sell mien but i know i will regret it for a very very very long time .. ehehe :O)
is that too many books or not enough.. ?

jema

i think you will be very very poor;)
but have a wonderful time!

oh one book i want to mention here too is the Tarot of the Spririt book. i think that even if you don't have the deck (which is a great deck by the way) the book is really something!

as for those you listed:
i want them too!!!
esp the jungians and the kabbalistic ones!
so you buy them and review them and tell us which was the best:)

catlin

Well, I got about the first 10 titles on your list and try to read / work through them one by one.

I cannot comment on the others but for the ones I have, I'd say go for them.

aeonx

Holmes, that's most of my wishlist you've got there!

I've only got the 78DW and the Tarot Card Combinations (which really is a terrible book!). For now. :D

~aeonx~

MeeWah

Holmes: That is quite a list! I have 5 of the books.
A favorite of mine is not on your list--"The Sacred Tarot Unveiled" by Allyson Walsh. It may be out of print.

truthsayer

i have around 9 of those books. i've collected them slowly over the years. there really are a lot of quality tarot books out there.

Cerulean

I looked at your list and wanted to mention that some of the books are definitely geared to a certain style of deck or reading tarot. It just may mean that the decks that you use will 'ask' for certain styles of books
to fit.
Rose Gwain's book of tarot and personality is Thoth-style in meanings and even recommends a 'suit of spirit' that integrates all the strengths of the four suits together. That might work with any of your Thoth-based decks or even the Deva Tarot, an unusual deck that has a fifth suite.
Mary Greer's Tarot for Yourself recommends tarots that has scenes on them, such as the Rider-Waite style.
Rachel Pollack's 78 Degrees is geared to Rider Waite styles.
Hazo Banhoff's Tarot and Journey of the Hero is a beautiful book of historical prints. But if you had also decided to buy Rachel Pollack's illustrated guide to tarot or Juliet Sharman Burke's Guide and Mastering the Tarot books, there's many similarities.
I enjoy the pretty mini-Connally images, but found her descriptions of the 9 and 10 of cups and some of her majors not my style. I realize the Botticelli-style posed figure in one of the illustrations reminds me of the lovely Birth of Venus, but the writing isn't my taste.
Best wishes and happy reading,
Mari H.

HOLMES

just wanted to share what i achieved since i made this list :O)

78 degrees of wisdom by rachael pollack
tarot for yourself by mary k greer.
tarot and the three of life finding everyday wisdom in the minor arcanna
tarot for the healing heart
tarot card combinations
tarot and psychology, spectrums of possiblities
inuitive tarot , a metaphysical approach to reading the tarot cards
the royal road , a manual of kabalistic medition of the tarot
all the connoly tarot books for the connoly deck (i didn't achieve the last book yet, )

as for reviews. well .
1. 78 degrees i liked for it helped me to understand the inuitive approach.
2. the tarot for yourself second edition i just got, but from what i can tell by reading it is in depth, and the excerises look to be rewarding (be attacking those soons in the months to come )
3. the tarot and tree of life really really really helped me to understand the minors, i must of reread it like 5 times and still get soemthing out of it. it helps me to understand that why the minors can't be all fun and games but goes from mercy to severity and how they compliment each other.
4.tarot and psychology help me to understand it psychological aspects of the tarot and how it can be a key to breaking in.
5.tarot for the healing heart i couldnt' read at the time i am not ready i guess.
6. tarot card combonations i got it,, skim through it a few times and said sure is a lot of locking in interpations ( by the author ) and put it down but i am sure i will go back to studying it as i was coming from a differnt mode of thinking at the time. even now i got it by the computer to look at and thinking i got to give this a chance as i wanted it lol. (i know if i give it the study i gave the other books (the 78 and the tarot minors books) i will improve my reading.
7.the inuitive tarot was a beginner book but it help me to spark my tarot system (they added the numbers to get higher numbers)
8.the royal road wasn't what i thought it was, i think it was the university language of explaining the tarot and the fact each major didn't go into the depths of say the rabbi tarot.
9. the connoly tarot books i didn't like , for it was coming from a old school point of view i found. again i skimmed it a few times and put it away in the cooler (i think for i was hoping it would go into depth of the connoly tarot itself. but instead took the book written for the rider tarot and just added their own pictures to the first book and just expanded on the tarot in the second book. and the pray involved in one of the editions i didn't think would brother me but it did, just too much religion in there i guess)

i didn't get a tarot book shelf eheh but i got a tarot cooler to put them in . :O)

HOLMES

hi again :O)

i spent like three nights on aeclectic tarot, amazon listing for tarot books, and a big huge listing for tarot,
and wicce tarot,, and tarot passages.

here is the list i complied now that has been almost a year.
(i kept out books that i got coming ,, and books that i have that is why you don't see tarot for yourself or 78 degrees of wisdom on here )

toth:
Tarot As Your Companion: A Practical Guide to the Rider-Waite and Crowley Thoth Tarot Decks
Keywords for the Crowley Tarot
New Age Tarot: Guide to the Thoth Deck by james wanless
The Crowley Tarot Handbook: The Handbook to the Cards

tarot and astrology:
Astrological Tarot
Tarot and Astrology: The Pursuit of Destiny

kabalah,qabalah, cabalah:
Listening to the Soul: A Cabalistic Guide to the Tarot
New Dimensions for the Cube of Space: The Path of Initiation Revealed by the Tarot upon the Qabalistic Cube
Tarot and Kabbala: The Way to Self-Improvement Using the Tree of Life and Tarot Cards
Torah, Tarot, and Tantra: A Guide to Jewish Spiritual Growth
Qabalah, Tarot & the Western Mystery Tradition: The 22 Connecting Paths on the Tree of Life
Tarot and Individuation: Correspondences With Cabala and Alchemy
Archetypes on the Tree of Life: The Tarot As Pathwork (Llewellyn's Spiritual Perspectives Series)1

spiritual tarot books:
Inner Pathways to the Divine: Exploring Your Spiritual Self Through the Tarot's Major Mentors
Magical Tarot, Mystical Tao: Unlocking the Hidden Power of the Tarot Using the Ancient Secrets of the Tao Te Ching
Tarot Awareness: Exploring the Spiritual Path
The Arcana of Light on the Path : The Star Wisdom of the Tarot and Light on the Path
Initiation into the Tarot: A Powerful System for Personal Spiritual Awakenings
The Spiritual Tarot : The Keys to the Divine Temple
Spiritual Tarot by various

tarot court cards sections.
The Tarot Court Cards: Archetypal Patterns of Relationship in the Minor Arcana july 2003)
The Tarot Court by mary k greer

intermeediate knowledge books
Meditations on the Tarot: A Journey into Christian Hermeticism
Pictures from the Heart: A Tarot Dictionary2003
Tarot Symbolism
Tarot Constellations: Patterns of Personal Destiny
Tarot Mirrors
Tarot & Dream Interpretation
The Tarot Workbook: Understanding and Using Tarot Symbolism
The Thursday Night Tarot: Weekly Talks on the Wisdom of the Major Arcana
The Underground Stream: Esoteric Tarot Revealed
The Wheel of Destiny: The Tarot Reveals Your Master Plan
Karmic Tarot: A Profound System for Finding and Following Your Life's Path

books i had before and getting again to reclaim lost knowledge
Creating Your Own Tarot Cards
The Tarot Book: Basic Instruction for Reading Cards by jana reily
(use to have this book, and didn't understand at the time hehe )

Buddhist Tarot
Tarot Mysteries : Rediscovering the Real Meanings of the Cards
Understanding and Using Tarot?emily peach
tarot for tommorrow? emily peach
Tarot Dictionary and Compendium
Self Development With the Tarot
The Inner Space Work Book: Developing Counselling and Magickal Skills Through the Tarot
Professional Tarot: The Business of Reading, Consulting and Teaching(july 2003)
The Tarot Guidebook for Spiritual Enlightenment
tarot Handbook: Practical Applications of Ancient Visual Symbols
The Tarot Handbook by hanjo
Wheel of Tarot: A New Revolution(by james wanless)
Minor Arcana (by james wanless)
the sacred tarot unvielded.

(i guess i should try to put this into sections eheh )
(i don't know if the forthcoming buddhist tarot is a book or deck but sounds cool so i put it in here )

by way feel free to add any commentary on these books as, i love reviews, feedbacks and experiences with books i havne't got yet , gives me an image.

Mimers

Jeepers HOLMES! You sure do like to read!

You know it's too bad I just happened on this thread. I started reading it and didn't notice the date it was started. I would have mailed you a few of those books for you to borrow and see for yourself if you liked them. I have the first Connolly workbook and I did not like it either. Too religious and locked in. I would also have sent you 78 degrees and Tarot for yourself to borrow for a while. Saved you some money.

Ok, but back to your new list. I noticed that Spiritual Tarot 78 Paths to Personal Development is no longer there. I have this book and I would never let you borrow it because it is the one book I own that I always go back to. I think it's an excellent book.

Meditations on the Tarot A Journey into Christian Hermeticism - I do not own, but there is a copy in the Borders store near my job. Sometimes I will go there on my lunchhour and read. I am up to the Magician. This book is based on the Marseille. I think it has a lot to offer, however it is a lot of information. If you purchase this book, it really needs time and reflection. I don't think you will have time to read any others.

Magical Tarot, Mystical Tao: Unlocking the Hidden Power of the Tarot - I don't own this one, but it was in my local Barnes and Noble store. I started to read it, but they must have sold it. It wasn't there last time I went. Very interesting though.

Well Holmes, good luck on your book quest!

Mimers