Arcana playing card deck - Chris Ovdiyenko

Madrigal

Yes, me too. So there's hope--it's really happening!

Don't get your hopes up too high. When I clicked on the tracking link I got this message :: A shipping label has been prepared for your item. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. :rolleyes:

Still, things are moving!

Deanne

I received the first part of my order today - the dark version. Includes pips of cards 2-10 in each suit, illustrated Aces, Kings, Queens, and Jacks (which translate to the Knights), and 4 Majors - Fool, Lovers, Death, and Tower. All of the cards are absolutely stunning!

A couple of added bonuses - the cardstock is wonderful and the poker size is great for my small hands.

Very much looking forward to using these. I've never read with pip cards, so that will take some getting used to, but I like a challenge :)

(Oh, and the expansion pack has been delayed, but will still be coming. I think the new estimated shipping date is in January or February rather than December)

Madrigal

I received the first part of my order today - the dark version. Includes pips of cards 2-10 in each suit, illustrated Aces, Kings, Queens, and Jacks (which translate to the Knights), and 4 Majors - Fool, Lovers, Death, and Tower. All of the cards are absolutely stunning!

A couple of added bonuses - the cardstock is wonderful and the poker size is great for my small hands.

Very much looking forward to using these. I've never read with pip cards, so that will take some getting used to, but I like a challenge :)

(Oh, and the expansion pack has been delayed, but will still be coming. I think the new estimated shipping date is in January or February rather than December)

Cardstock is stellar and the artwork is fabulous but I was disappointed by his assignment of the suits which don't mesh with mine. Sigh.

Still, I'm looking forward to the full Majors version, which as you say, won't be ready till January. Reading between the lines of his announcement I'm figuring March.

violetdaisy

I got them a little while back and I love them. I have on order the major arcana which will come.....when it's ready. I plan on using them for timing experiments and for card games (I know-Ghasp-games like poker) I ordered light and dark so whichever the major arcana completes I'll use for Tarot and the other dor games because they r so cool!

runewynd

I just got the expansion pack in the mail, and I have to say, they're even better than I hoped! Dead On Paper really did a great job!

garmonbozia

I received my expansion deck as well....and the boxes for the full decks.

Madame Squee

How stuff happens at Madame Squee's place:

Yesterday, I finally ordered a deck of the Dark Arcana Tarot Playing Cards from a card seller on eBay. I had been admiring the artwork for months and decided this would be my last card purchase until my birthday in February. :love:

Congratulating myself on choosing a relatively small investment for my year-end splurge, I scooted over to AT to search out how other readers are using their Arcana decks. Of course, this thread popped up, and I discovered that an Arcana Expansion Pack exists... :bugeyed:

Finally, at Dead on Paper, completely enthralled by the ingenuity involved in devising an Expansion Pack that includes the remainder of the Major Arcana for BOTH the Light and Dark Arcana decks, I found myself ordering not only the Expansion Pack, but the Light Arcana deck, too.

Well... In for a penny, in for a pound, I always say! ;)

PS: I'm so excited!!!!

PPS: Now, I really, really am done until February! (Where's the cross-my-heart emoji?)

garmonbozia

Madame Squee, did you get the larger boxes that will hold a full tarot deck as well?