Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

sunstallion

Someone asked me to use tarot to find out if a another guy is gay or bisexual. How do I do that ? I mean how should I ask the tarot ? what spread should I use ?

Thanks to whoever give me the suggestions.

Linh

I think if it was me, I'd use a yes/no spread asking something like "Is X homosexual?" or something along that line, but I'm not sure. Nobody has come up to me and asked that question before!

sunstallion

Linh said:
I think if it was me, I'd use a yes/no spread asking something like "Is X homosexual?" or something along that line, but I'm not sure. Nobody has come up to me and asked that question before!

what is the BEST yes/no spread to you ?

This guy is interested in another guy. But he wants to know whether the other guy is gay or bisexual or not because he starts persuading, I guess.

GryffinSong

I think in this situation (as in most) a yes/no question won't give you much useful information. What if the person is gay or bi, but still closeted? What if they're not even out to themselves? What if they're gay or bi, but not interested in that person? Basically, a yes/no question is more likely to confuse things in my opinion.

I think the better question is something along the lines of "how would x respond if y expressed interest in them?" And perhaps a few more questions about what approach would be most positively received.

gregory

I really don't think the tarot can answer point blank "is he gay" or questions like that.
GryffinSong's suggestion is in my view the best so far - but the person who asked you is asking a third party question - these are always ropy anyway and in my view (which I do know is not shared by everyone here, so please no more PMS !!!!) not something I would do.

It is not necessarily the querent's right to know, and if the person being asked doesn't want your querent to know - what right have you to try and find out for them ? It's a bit like reading someone else's diary to find something out - and not even for yourself, but for someone else.

I would tell someone who asked me to do this to ask the other person, if they need to know that badly.

sunstallion

GryffinSong said:
I think in this situation (as in most) a yes/no question won't give you much useful information. What if the person is gay or bi, but still closeted? What if they're not even out to themselves? What if they're gay or bi, but not interested in that person? Basically, a yes/no question is more likely to confuse things in my opinion.

I think the better question is something along the lines of "how would x respond if y expressed interest in them?" And perhaps a few more questions about what approach would be most positively received.

the dude just wants to know if his interest is actually gay or bi, if the other guy is actually gay or bi, this guy really has a way to approach him (even he is not out). But he wont bother to mess with people if the other guy is truly straight.

Too bad, I can't do psychic reading. I can only read cards sometimes.

gregory

Then the dude can just ask.

sunstallion

gregory said:
Then the dude can just ask.

that's why he asked me if i can read the cards to find out. He told me that he won't just go straight to the other guy and ask "what is your sexual orientation ?"

GryffinSong

I understand that for some people it's different, but here's what happened to me. I'm a straight woman. I've been asked out twice by lesbians. I felt flattered (who wouldn't want to feel attractive?), and quite frankly, it's much easier saying no to someone of the "wrong" orientation than to someone who's the "right" orientation. If I say no to a man, his feelings tend to be hurt because he thinks he ought at least to be in the running. With the women, I simply said that I was flattered, but I batted for the other team. No harm, no foul, no hurt feelings. In fact one woman said she'd never had a kinder turn-down. LOL

Anyway. I simply don't feel that a tarot card/draw/reading can accurately tell him whether his interest is gay. Maybe that makes me an unbeliever, but look at the readings section here and you'll see how many interpretations you'll get for the same reading.

I think what I'm most concerned about is this. What if the cards say the man is straight? Then he doesn't ask the man out or approach him in any way, trusting what he thinks the cards say. What if the man isn't straight??? He's wasted a chance at someone he cares about just because of his perception of some pieces of paper. Would you really want to place such importance on them? The only way to find out if he's interested is to ask him. Or have a friend ask him. Or something.

Sorry. I simply worry about people making important decisions about love and life based on the cards. The cards can offer suggestions, guidance, and ideas. But absolute, indesputable, not-open-to-interpretation fact? I just don't see it, and an opportunity could be missed that might be a beautiful thing.

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic!!! LOL But if he's worried about a bad reaction, have someone who knows both of them test the waters. That's how I met my last man, and it was delightful!!! :)