TotOP - Ace of Cauldrons

Silverlotus

Ace of Cauldrons

Cauldrons (or Cups) is the suit of water in Tarot of the Old Path. I think, although I am not sure, that it is also attributed to the season of Winter.

The main feature of this card is a large, three-legged cauldron. It is decorated with three crescent moons. These "threes" are meant to represent the Triple Goddess - Maiden, Mother, Crone. There appears to be a liquid inside the cauldron, perhaps something like the waters of life.

Behind the cauldron is a rock wall with water streaming down into a pool. At the front of the card grows celandine, which represents "joys yet to come."

huredriel

Ace of Cups

Interesting to note for the Ace of Cups that the rocks are also separated into 3 columns, between which the water flows. Perhaps relating to the 3 aspects of the Triple Goddess.

Rhiamon

I love this card, you can almost hear the water gushing. The flower is interesting to me, as I've never heard of it.

randomlil

I drew this card in a recent reading and was curious to know what the flowers were. They appear to be the eight-petalled Lesser Celandine which is often regarded as a weed but is quite beautiful and beloved of Shakespeare who mentioned it in several poems. (It is related to the Buttercup which represents childhood or youth.) One of its names is 'spring messenger' as one of the first blooms of February.

Celtictarot

I keep seeing a face in the rocks in this card some some reason.

Look at the shape of the left side rock of the card and tell me that can't been seen as a face?