The Little Window Tarot

Strange2

I love that Devil card! So powerful and iconic! The lighting effects, the wings merging with the fiery background, the bent-backwards postures of the kneeling figures, all goes to make a very powerful image. Well done!

Sidhe-Ra

Oooo yes! You have outdone yourself with that devil card! Stunning! :)

temperlyne

Love your devil, very strong energy in that one!

MrsOnePotato

spoonbender said:
I LOVE the flaming reds and yellows on the Devil, and especially the dark outlines of its antlers and wings... It feels sketchier, "looser" than the other cards somehow, but that may just be me ;)

Yes, for some reason The Devil card came quite easily...go figure... ;)

I think it is because I had such a clear idea of what I wanted from the moment I began with the oil pastel. The other cards I've struggled with for longer.

It was funny in the sketch phase though...I realized when I first tackled the card that I had never drawn a devil before! I had to stop and think...what are the visual cues...it didn't come naturally. Then I recalled some beautiful sculpture I have seen in the past...ancient Chinese art from the Warring States Period. They made these stunning sculptures of animals with huge antlers...I had to work that in somehow.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments! I think The Sun may be next....

MrsOnePotato

MrsOnePotato

Here comes the Sun!

Hello all,
Well, it has been awhile, but I have a few more cards to share:

The Sun:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/artwork/mop_sun.jpg

The Fool:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/artwork/mop_fool.jpg

And a refined version of Strength (with a better face):
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/artwork/mop_strength2.jpg

Links to each card created so far can be accessed here:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/artwork/

I seem to have hit a rough patch....the first few cards were fun because I essentially had "nothing to lose." Now I'm struggling to maintain momentum and quality. The Empress is giving me a particularly hard time...I have started that card twice, and there is a good chance I will toss what I've done so far and start over a third time. I think I need to put her aside altogether for now and move on...

Hope to have more soon...and always happy to hear your comments/feedback.
MrsOnePotato

temperlyne

The sun is very good, it really radiates warmth! I quite like your take on the marseille, you make it more modern and fun while keeping it simple and effective. I'm sure the empress will turn out great once she is ready to be completed. I've found that the cards decide which one is next.

Sheri

Fantastic work, MrsOnePotato! :thumbsup:

I don't know what it is about your artwork that is very interesting to me. It's simple, yet speaks volumes. I can't stop looking at the images!

Well done!

valeria

truelighth

Wow! I only just found this thread, but I am enthralled. Wonderful work. I can't wait to see the rest of your deck. I wish I was as talented as you are.

spoonbender

MrsOnePotato, I'm thrilled to hear you're still working on the cards!

The Sun and Fool are both wonderful. I love the Sun's face especially, the way he's looking down kindly at the two figures below, and the sheltered feeling the wall gives. It's interesting that the Fool is looking a bit troubled (at least he does to me). I also particularly like the small, yappy dog and the clouds in the background. :)

Again, I really hope to be able to hold these cards in my hands one day!!!

MrsOnePotato

Thanks for the encouragement temperlyne, valeria, truelighth and spoonbender! I need it right now...I fear I am losing momentum. Perhaps I will return to a few of the pencil sketches that I never worked out completely (The Wheel and The Magician were never finalized), just for a break.

At least The Chariot seems to be coming along nicely...I should have that by the weekend.

spoonbender, I wanted The Fool to look distracted by the little dog. Should I tone his facial expression back a bit? or is it appropriate that he should be a little distracted? Let me know what you think...and worry not, I will definitely finish, and I plan to produce at least a small edition in the end (majors only though).

Thanks again...now back to my day job!
MrsOnePotato