Magical Forest Tarot

karen0205

Anyone interested in a study group for the Magical Forest Tarot? I just got this deck and love it and would like to get anyone elses opinion on the cards. Would you be interested?

fluffy

I would be interested, but am not sure how much time I would be able to devote to it as a young baby takes up most of my day. What exactly were you thinking of doing as it is very RWS based?

Love Fluffy
x

karen0205

So do you think it is too much like the RWS to really bother with it? Not much new to learn?

Flavio

karen0205 said:
So do you think it is too much like the RWS to really bother with it? Not much new to learn?
I believe every deck has something new and fresh to offer otherwise it wouldn't be released for the public besides economic reasons, I'd love to follow any development about starting a study group about this decK.

Unfotunately I don't own it but I have put myself in a list to be noticed as soon as it becomes available, anyway I can join individual card discussion as I've seen the whole deck online, think is beautiful and wonder many things that probably would be answered in a group.

- How does affect your take on the cards the selection of animals in the cards? specially in the Majors.
- Do large spread show interesting color patterns during the reading?
- How do the colors and constrast affect your mood while reading?
- What about body language and face expression?

And so on...

Rabbit

It gives accurate readings.

I like this deck. I like that there is not alot of "stuff" cluttering the picture.
I think it gets the point across. It is good for beginners.

lizziecat

This is one of my favorite decks. Although it obviously is a RWS clone, it has a dark side I find very appealing - the more I use it the less "cute" it appears. I guess I can quote me by saying "it is not so much an RWS clone as a small glimpse into a strange and bizarre “alternate universe”"

There does seem to be some logic to the color schemes that would be interesting for further discussion, as well as the expressions I find more, well, "human" than the standard RWS.

karen0205

I like the characters used in these cards and I find the symbols very interesting. Every time I look at a card I see something else. They do have a dark side to the cards even though they are little animals. They're not the cutsie kind of animals and they have a lot of expression. I would like to get any opinions of the other meanings besides the traditional ones, like the colors, etc. that are in these. Also, the choice of animals for the 4 minor sets is different too. A frog? That sort of stuck out since all the other animals are furry mammals, foxes, rabbits and cats. Anyway, I find them interesting and dark and funny! They are quickly my favorite.

greenbeans

I just received this deck and it is fascinating- it is both sweet and sinister as people have said. Never thought I could really go for an animal type deck, but these animals seem so...is uncanny the word? They are magical animals thats for sure. It IS very RWS- I just compared the two and its obvious. I find the RWS style somewhat bizarre though, I think this may be my way of getting into it as a newbie, using Magical Forest as training wheels...I'd be up for a study group, anyway.

Oh, yeah, I'm also longing to know what that darn book says! If anyone has any ideas as to how we could go about getting a translation(can you pay people to do that?) I'd be interested.

cosmic_bubble

I received the deck yesterday - had a look at the cards and can't wait to get started with it :) I'd be very interested in participating.

Just as an aside - I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the actual cards (not the pics but the stock itself). Have I just been unlucky or is this common to the deck? There were some rough edges and one of the cards seemed to have a small bit of peeling. The deck was brand new and wrapped so it's not the fault of the seller.

:)

mando

A big thank you for starting this study group, and also for seeing it through to the end! I have just gotten this deck as my first deck (actually second but that was a long time ago and I dont remember anything so this is another fresh start for me). Reading the previous contributions for each card has really made this deck come alive for me and showed me a way to make it my own.

I was going to go out and buy a whole lot of books, but then found this forum, and the "Learning the Tarot" course by Joan Bunning so I figure I have got enough to get me started....

Its been a while since anyone posted in this study group so I hope its ok to add my own impressions to each card!