Clow Cards Revisited.

stardusting

While I prefer the originals to your set, I still think your creation is awesome. I'm very excited to see that there's still someone dedicated enough to this set to do something as massive as redoing -every- card from it in a new style.

You're nearly there. Keep rocking it.

Myrrha

So much work to go through and change everything again but worth it as these are so beautiful.

I like all the cards you posted lately except for The Shadow. In that card my eye wants to see the black area of the open cloak as the main shape and it takes a moment to see the cape as an object. In the original set it works better because the cape itself is white on a darker toned background and the shadows where the cape opens are a little lighter and less contrasty. The contouring shadow on the cape in the original also help it look like a real object and not just a shape. If the shadow area on your version were a little lighter with less contrast it might be easier to see the cloak and the shadow area as one object.

I liked The Wood quite a bit. It is a little more ornate than most of the other cards but perhaps not too different.

Gorgeous cards and I can't wait to use these!

PS: about the nameless and Hope cards- it would be nice to have them in the set. The Hope card especially would seem to add something to readings. I would have chosen softer colors for it though.

Stagecraft_kid

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have to take a closer look at the shadow.

I'm stuck with three left. I keep looking at them all spread across my screen, and I'm having trouble connecting to them. There's something wrong with them, I just don't know what it is. Someone told me to finish the cards, get a copy printed and see if having them in my hands helps me either connect to them, or figure out what's wrong.

I just don't love them like I love the original. The original deck is my favorite divination deck, so it probably wasn't a great idea to copy it. I'm just blocked now. The act of making them is fairly easy. I'm just not ready to be finished creating them. I just don't feel like the cards are there. I keep pulling up the page with all of them on there, and just keep shuffling them. I've gotten on my computer everyday to finish them for a few weeks, but I just get to the page with all the cards, and just sit there shuffling them over and over again until I can't look at them anymore.

I'm not sure what to do with them now. I'm not sure I want to keep going. I've been told that's incredibly stupid as I only have two left, but I'm just not connected to them like I was when I started. I've also been told that it's probably due more to being depressed the last few weeks than the cards themselves, which makes sense, but I'm not ready to admit I might be depressed.

Stagecraft_kid

I'm still trying to figure out the Hope and Nothing colors. They're some of the boldest in the deck, and I plan to change them. I know they need something softer, but I'm still unsure of the colors. That's another thing I do. I look at those cards together and can't get a feel for the colors that best describe both of them.

Myrrha

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have to take a closer look at the shadow.

I'm stuck with three left. I keep looking at them all spread across my screen, and I'm having trouble connecting to them. There's something wrong with them, I just don't know what it is. Someone told me to finish the cards, get a copy printed and see if having them in my hands helps me either connect to them, or figure out what's wrong.

I just don't love them like I love the original. The original deck is my favorite divination deck, so it probably wasn't a great idea to copy it. I'm just blocked now. The act of making them is fairly easy. I'm just not ready to be finished creating them. I just don't feel like the cards are there. I keep pulling up the page with all of them on there, and just keep shuffling them. I've gotten on my computer everyday to finish them for a few weeks, but I just get to the page with all the cards, and just sit there shuffling them over and over again until I can't look at them anymore.

I'm not sure what to do with them now. I'm not sure I want to keep going. I've been told that's incredibly stupid as I only have two left, but I'm just not connected to them like I was when I started. I've also been told that it's probably due more to being depressed the last few weeks than the cards themselves, which makes sense, but I'm not ready to admit I might be depressed.

It makes perfect sense that you wouldn't feel connected to them and love then the way you do the original Clow Cards. The originals have been a friend and companion to you for many years now. I can understand feeling unsure about letting them go, not sure they are really done yet. It is awful how depression robs us of being able to take much delight in things. Please take care of yourself and perhaps talk to a professional if you are feeling this way especially if you have other symptoms of depression.

The cards look quite different now than they did when you started.

Stagecraft_kid

Finally finished

I am pleased to say that I'm finally getting my deck printed by GameCrafter. I've never used them, or seen any of their products, but someone in this thread recommended them, and I figured, if someone wants them, they can order it from them. Unfortunately, it was going to take 2 weeks, and I'm anxious to see them, so I paid the extra ten bucks to get them shipped out Monday. The deck to get printed isn't as cheap as I was hoping, but it's still affordable. If it looks okay, I'm going to publish it there at cost, which is $11.00.

What can I say, my friends were right, I was simply depressed, and that's why I disliked the cards so much. I started feeling better last week, and got excited about this project again. I finished drawing all the cards on Sunday, but have been going over them in my spare time to fix bad lines and do general tweaking. I'm glad to have sent it off. I hope it comes out okay, and that I haven't missed any mess ups. I think I'll have to see it printed to know. After all the card backs I did, and I did quite a few, I settled on a simple one without the Clow symbol derivation, and instead a simple mirrored symbol of the winged hearts.

The deck doesn't include instructions or meanings, as I just kind of just base my meanings on the elements depicted. A person online translated the Japanese official book of divinatory meanings for the original Clow, and I'm going to see if they would allow me to post it on GameCrafter as a digital download.

Thanks for all the encouragement, notes and everything, I really appreciate it all.

Arimaya

Just stumbled onto this thread and like this oracle a lot! I will definitely want a link if/when you put them on GameCrafter :)

Alta

Yes, please post a link when the cards are ready to sell.

Stagecraft_kid

I just realized when looking at this thread again I forgot to fix the shadow card in the set I had printed as Myrrha had suggested. I had plans to go back to it, and knew how I wanted to fix it, but completely blanked on it as I was starting to struggle with them at the time, I also missed a few other suggestions though I had written them down. I'll be changing them before I post it to Game Crafter. What a bummer.

Extoria

Just posting to let you know I've been keeping an eye on this project for a little time now and I am SO EXCITED to see it is finished! Me and some friends are very eager to buy this deck so we earnestly await it's publication.