Color Your Own Thoth

Grigori

I'll love to have a color in version!! It would be great to play with different combinations of the color scales. I think someone creative should come up with one for us.

*looks up and down the thread and notices a few artistic names popping up*

*coughs*

:D

blue_fusion

Or if you're feeling particularly masochistic, you could do an all-green monochrome one. Looking at the Liber T, I'm noticing it diverged quite a lot from the original colour scheme.

I didn't know the images were owned by any party! Then again, if it's redrawn, it would be an original of something else. Stained glass sounds good, since the deck has that "intersecting geometries" feel.

Onyx

rwcarter said:
A psychedelic Thoth? :bugeyed: I'd be all over that! :D

If only I were adept enough at art programs to turn the scans into drawings....

Rodney

I read this and a thought flashed in my head . . . The Universal Thoth, recolored by Mary Hanson-Roberts. LOL!

Onyx.

Lillie

blue_fusion said:
Or if you're feeling particularly masochistic, you could do an all-green monochrome one. Looking at the Liber T, I'm noticing it diverged quite a lot from the original colour scheme.

I didn't know the images were own by any party! Then again, if it's redrawn, it would be an original of something else. Stained glass sounds good, since the deck has that "intersecting geometries" feel.

You don't want to mess with the OTO.

First they sue you and then they sacrifice your cat to Baphomet.

And if you haven't got a cat you bettre get one, cos you don't want to know what their second choice is...

Oh god...
They are going to sue me for writing this...
I know they are.

iard

How about this?
sbmupz.jpg

A little Magick performed by The GIMP...
No copyright issues for just a fraction of a card, I hope :D

blue_fusion

(I'm still at a loss what OTO means. Sounds like a Lovecraftian conspiracy.)

That looks really good. And it's textured, so when you colour it even with just one colour (no blending), it'd still look quite complex. Is GIMP a free software and is it in any way similar interface-wise to Photoshop? I don't think I can do that exact effect in Photoshop, even in Illustrator's livetrace....

iard

(I'm still at a loss what OTO means. Sounds like a Lovecraftian conspiracy.)
See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordo_Templi_Orientis

Is GIMP a free software...
Yes, GIMP is free. I don't know how Photoshop's interface looks like, I'm using GIMP for so long... but I presume they must look alike.

Actually, the plug-in that did the little trick is a script that must be install after GIMP, but that's easy, you just download it and copy it to the scripts folder.
If running under Windows, that is
"C:\Program files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\scripts"
assuming you have the latest version and did not customized the install.

GIMP - http://gimp.org/downloads/
Disregard what they say about "official binaries for Windows"... it's stable all right.

Quick sketch plugin - http://registry.gimp.org/node/5921
Download and copy to that folder.

After starting GIMP, and opening an image, just apply the Quick sketch script. It can be found in Filters->Artistic->Quick sketch.
I used a value of 10 for the filter, but feel free to experiment.

Good luck!

Mythic

In the edition I have of "The Tarot Handbook: practical applications of ancient visual symbols" by Angeles Arrien there are monochrome images of the cards, so you could color them in.

I ran into an inexpensive used copy and you could probably do the same. It has been around for a while.

gregory

It has been recoloured once at least - consider the foil stamped one... which I want SOOOOO much.....

It's on Tarot garden. (not available, mind; don't get excited !)

irmata

Lillie said:
You don't want to mess with the OTO.

First they sue you and then they sacrifice your cat to Baphomet.

And if you haven't got a cat you bettre get one, cos you don't want to know what their second choice is...

Oh god...
They are going to sue me for writing this...
I know they are.
Lillie, you're killing me! :D It's a sweet death though, so please continue.