Magick: Book 4, Liber Aba (Magick Bk. 4)

ravenest

Just bite the apple.

Hey X - just throw yourself into it. (There I go with my varient viewpoint again :laugh: .) I think you have enough background, if you get stuck somewhere then go off and find out about what it is you dont get or understand, then come back to Abba. Read through the whole thing once first though, sometimes queries get answered later, then start again and work through it in detail.

You say the Book of Lies is included in Liber Abba :confused: - not in mine, unless I have several pages stuck together??? Or did you mean it was a seperate book included in the purchase? That was my first AC book - and people say its confusing to start with Abba! Try starting at 14 with The Book of Lies! ( Okay you guys, I can hear you, you know! - saying "Ah! That's what happened to him!" )

I STRONGLY reccommend reading first and taking supreme notice of the introducory section to Liber .... E ? (memory - that part previous to the pentagram ritual ) note the words 'objective reality' and 'imagination'.

V. important!

Oh yeah - 'Postcards to Probationers' might help for a quick simple outline.

thorhammer

Ah, so that's what happened to him . . . }) :p

\m/ Kat

Professor X

ravenest said:
You say the Book of Lies is included in Liber Abba :confused: - not in mine, unless I have several pages stuck together??? Or did you mean it was a seperate book included in the purchase? That was my first AC book - and people say its confusing to start with Abba! Try starting at 14 with The Book of Lies! ( Okay you guys, I can hear you, you know! - saying "Ah! That's what happened to him!" )

No it was the Book of Law that is a part of the book. I will be reading that.
I find the concept of Nuit and Hadit to be most fascinating. It makes a lot of sense. Not only that but a lot of esoteric groups have taught similar concepts about each individual being a god. However it appears Crowley back in 1904 beat them to it.

Professor X

Here is the quote from Aeon that perfectly explained the concept of Nuit and Hadit to me.

Aeon418 said:
Yes.

(The following is not addressed to you, ravenest.)

Very crude metaphor alert!!! Don't take it literally. Please! :laugh:

Imagine a cluster of balls, all clumped together. Name it Nuit.

Focus in one particular ball in the cluster. Name it Hadit. Take that balls perspective. See how the Body of Nuit now surrounds you. Choose a different ball in the cluster. Take it's perspective. Once again, the Body of Nuit surrounds you. But your position is different to before. Your perspective on the whole is now different.

Of course there is a logical flaw in this crude analogy. To actually see the cluster of balls (Nuit) in the first place you need to take the perspective of Hadit.

It may be useful to some to take this crude analogy a step further. Think of the entire Universe surrounding your own individual point of consciousness. Wow! You are the center of the Universe. You are God. But don't get carried away. The same thing applies to every other point of consciousness.

From my perspective, I am Hadit and you are all part of Nuit. From your perspective (whoever you are?), you are Hadit and I and everyone else is a part of Nuit.

Confused yet? :laugh:

After reading this quote what was once confusing is now crystal clear. Crowley was ahead of his time with the ideas that he had. A lot of groups have come since the Book of Law was revealed that have had the same type of concepts. It really shows just how important it is to study the Book of Law to truly understand how a lot of the occult things people follow came about.

So basically everyone is a Hadit with the power to manifest in Nuit whatever they have the capability to create. This is the key to understand his whole system of magick writing and thinking.

Crowley was indeed a trailblazer. I just read in Book 4 about some of nursery rhymes that people have heard contain occult and Qabbalistic connections. Although I suppose it shouldnt be taken too literally.
Interesting stuff.

Always Wondering

Professor X said:
Crowley was indeed a trailblazer. I just read in Book 4 about some of nursery rhymes that people have heard contain occult and Qabbalistic connections. Although I suppose it shouldnt be taken too literally.
Interesting stuff.

Why not? :laugh:

I have been waiting for you to get to An Interlude, and wondering if some silly nursery rhyme might pop up in your signiture.

AW

Professor X

Crowley just changed my whole view of the occult.
I am reading the introduction to Book 3 right now.

HIS DEFINITION OF MAGICK AND THE FIRST POSTULATE AFTER IT IS A THING OF PURE GENIUS.

It just changed my whole view on all of the magical techniques I have learned over the years. His ideas make perfect sense. In order to effect change in a object,the object in question must be able to change to the state desired. You cannot change a mushroom into a man but you can Indeed set up a temple in your house and interact with the energies of the 4 elements.

Crowley may just have the most highly developed mind I have come across so far in years. Only one or two people I have learned from have a better mind than he does.

His explanations take magick out of the realm of being something that is supposedly unrealistic and places it side by side with science in a such a way that it cannot be discredited.

Every act is indeed a magickal act whose limits is defined by the suitableness of the intended object and the ability of the magician originating the act.
As long as one follows the natural laws of the universe one can create whatever one wills in reality as long as it suits what is possible for that time being. Very sound prinicple. Undeniable in my view.

Crowley was man ahead of his time. The world back then wasnt ready for someone like him. Even today the world isnt ready but he would have had a easier time than he did back then.

Professor X

I have a question concerning the word ABRAHADABRA.

I have heard variations of this word pronounced as Abracadabra and such.

I would assume that Crowley is the one who orginated use that word or did that word exist before Crowley recieved it in the Book of Law?

I notice that people use that word to describe some sort of magical process.

I have been studying the breakdown of that word in the 777 book and it is indeed a powerful word. The union of the pentagram and the hexagram.

Aeon418

Professor X said:
I would assume that Crowley is the one who orginated use that word or did that word exist before Crowley recieved it in the Book of Law?
Crowley came up with Abrahadabra. But it's first appearence was 3 years before the reception of Liber Legis. Crowley's diary for the 11th May 1901 contains this entry.
Designed Abrahadabra for a pantacle.

ravenest

And Abracadabra is MUCH MUCH older.