The Book of the Law Study Group 2.26

thorhammer

Aeon418 said:
The Neophyte works out of Malkuth and aspires towards Yesod. The awakening of the astral senses are usually accompanied by what you might call a second adolescence. :laugh: This is the ordeal of the Nephesh.
This is ringing bells for me right now.

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
This is ringing bells for me right now.
It may comfort you to know that, in general, women have an easier time making the ascent to Yesod than men.

The tables get turned in Yesod though, where women are more likely to be seduced and deluded by the astral plane. But RHK has the answer to that one.
Let the woman be girt with a sword before me

Aeon418

About 90 % of Thelema, at a guess, is nothing but self-discipline.
333, the number of Choronzon the demon of dispersion. In the Greek qabalah the words akolasia and akrasia both equal 333. ;)

Charging your "spiritual batteries" with magical ritual and breath work is all well and good. But if you can't control when you discharge them, what's the point?
High energy levels prompt their release through natures own lightning rod, sex. It's like a built in emergency pressure release valve. :laugh:
But if you aim to work with higher than normal energy levels, then any habitual reflex action that discharges this energy is going to be counterproductive.

Children crave instant gratification of desires. Delay of gratification indicates an adult level of development. Most people are still children when it comes to sex. ;)
Wisdom says: be strong! Then canst thou bear more joy.

ravenest

Arrrrgggh!

I EFFEN hate the library computer!!! I just wrote a long and very detailed reply and then lost the post - crap!
here is a quick summary

thorhammer said:
That is, as you tell it, very similar to the verse. From which tribe or cultural grouping is that?

Central and northern desert cultures and others. There are many versions, oral and written; Joseph Campbells 'The Way of the Animal Powers' has a version of the story (and some great info and 'forbidden' pictures ;) )

thorhammer said:
Is it somewhat universal across Aboriginal groups in Aust? I've noticed that their regionalisation is very marked and hence the groups over here might have a different story, as might the local groups where Grigori is and so forth.

Yes, the stories vary greatly (like in Ancient Egypt), they are not A truth but one of the truths, ie. they are describing, in analogy, varient processes. EG.Further north, in the Gulf and North west it wasnt started by a snake by a woman walking in over the shallow sea with a dilly bag full of seeds and roots and children in her belly. These two examples show very different parts of 'creation'.
thorhammer said:
I know you're well informed on Aus. Aboriginal mythology/cosmology - could you elaborate a little on the *definition* of "dreamtime" or "dreaming"?
Not without getting off the subject of this thread. It is a BIG subject and I think if we can nut out that one question many difficulties will be resolved. The word (dreamtime) was first coined, I believe, by T.G. Stralow ( see the biography about him called 'Broken Song' ) It relates to the root that forms the word Turinga ( or Djuringa, etc) which is a sort of magical talisman that holds ones spirit power ... sorta.

thorhammer said:
I take it that it means something different to what we mean when we speak of dreaming, i.e. at night.
Yes, it does, but there are similarities.
thorhammer said:
There is a sense in this verse, too, of, if not exactly sacrifice, then certainly offering, or an exchange. Of surrender of a part of oneself in order for unity with greatness.

Yes, no sacrifice as 'extra energy' is created and built up by 'exchange' (or circulation).

\m/ Kat[/QUOTE]

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
If you're a bit hazy on the relationship between sexual energy and Kundalini you might like to take a look at Sexual Energy and Yoga by Elizabeth Haich.
http://www.amazon.com/Sexual-Energy...1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264284686&sr=1-1-spell

A word of warning. Haich is very good when she's talking about Kundalini, but you have to switch off when she starts moralising. :rolleyes:
If it really gets on your nerves just think of the theme tune from the tv series, Diff'rent Strokes. It works for me. :laugh:

Well as the sexually, perverse, degenerate that I am, I am still finding this book helpful and interesting. :laugh:

I am not too far into it yet but I think I understand you now when you are talking about creative power.
And here I was sewing and knitting up a storm. :laugh:
Really, that's how long it took for my brain to click over. A bit resistant. :|

Thank-you once again.

AW