The Book of the Law Study Group 2.66

Always Wondering

I don't quite get the "Work, & be our bed in working!"
The rest is lovely though.

AW

Grigori

This is a pretty sexual line I think, I'm reading "bed" in the sense of conjugal bed, rather than a place of rest. The place where Nuit and Hadit conjoin. If this line is read as addressed to Crowley, he's instructed to find joy in writing Liber AL, the revelation of Thelema and his true will. Another person would do whatever "work" is of their nature, and because they are in the groove of their Will, they are a bed for Nuit and Hadit to get conjugal in.

Once again I'm taken to a place where the thelemite is cosmic lubricant :laugh:

by zero

I hear also river bed, suggesting directed flow or current, which of course is perfectly in line.

Grigori

Oh I like that a lot, thanks! Makes me also think of a supportive bed, like bedrock, or a kind of foundation or base.

by zero

:)

And there is the homophone rite/write:
repeatedly engraving, Sepher Yetzirah style and the like

Always Wondering

Grigori said:
:laugh:

Why does the obvious implication always go right over my head? :rolleyes:
I know guys think about sex more times a day than women, but jeeze. I've been studing this book for 2 years now. You would think it would sink in.

AW

Aeon418

K&C Jelly

Grigori said:
Funny! :laugh: But it's a good analogy for an ego that actively facilitates the will of the HGA, instead of baulking and blocking it at every turn. The Will should flow through one like inspiration, but an ego that is at odds with the Will can act like a dam...... for a while.

At the beginning of this chapter we saw AC/the ego having ill will to learn the writing and even hating the hand and the pen. But in this current verse we find the exact opposite. I Won't has transformed into I Will.

The mention of seeing death makes me think of a couple of lines in Liber LXV. Not everyone is capable of seeing the transformation wrought by the HGA.
Liber LVX 1:21. O the filthy one! the dog! they cry against thee. Because thou art my beloved.
22. Happy are they that praise thee; for they see thee with Mine eyes.

Professor X

I find the reference to writing to be encouraging since I have started writing on occult subjects myselt recently.

The Book of Law is such a encouraging and inspiring book.

Thats why I like Thelema so much,it corresponds to where my growth and development is right now.