The Bottom Card of your Thoth readings

Professor X

Usually when I do my reading I will shuffle and cut the deck into 3 and then place the bottom part of the deck on top of the other two,then pick whatever cards I will using for my readings out of the new top part of the deck. I am sure you guys know what method I am referring to.

I have started noticing over and over again that the bottom usually right in line with what ever the reading is for the cards I pull. The bottom card seems to provide even more information on whatever I ask about. I would assume from its position the bottom card must provide some sort of foundation to the reading. It either matches the reading exactly or seems to provide some other information to whatever cards I choose.

Does anyone else use the bottom card in their readings? Even when I do a regular shuffle and pull for a simple one card reading the bottom card still matches up with whatever one card I pull. Prior to realizing this I never even checked the bottom card or gave it any relevance.

Scion

Constantly.

I always check the bottom card and use it for "summing up" complicated readings so people have a clear takeaway. And in murky situations it can often reveal things people aren't being honest about or disclosing, with me or themselves.

Professor X

Thanks Scion.

The card does seem to add more information to the situation at hand.

canid

If you do a general search for Shadow Card, you'll find a wealth of information about that bottom card. I use it always. For me, it's usually like the thread that weaves throughout the entire reading - it's difficult to explain its significance because it, like the other cards, bends a lot.

Tzadkiel

Hi everybody,

When I do the OOTK-spread I read the bottom card as some sort of "far future".

The first card (the one on top of the Jod/fire-pile) is the "root" or very beginning. The cards in between the first/top and the bottom card tell "the whole story"...

I have to mention, that normaly the card on top of the 4th pile (Final He/earth) represents the future or outcome. I read it just like that but the bottom or last card is just one step further. Maybe one could call it the "deeper" or hidden reason, something that can or should be learned (in a spiritual way).

ravenest

Whatever reading layout I use I like to then do a little 3 card summary reading afterwards, I also find it often quiet accurate in summing up the previous reading, especially if its been a 'tricky' reading (like reading for your G.F. ... okay, I like living dangerously :laugh: )

Professor X

canid said:
If you do a general search for Shadow Card, you'll find a wealth of information about that bottom card. I use it always. For me, it's usually like the thread that weaves throughout the entire reading - it's difficult to explain its significance because it, like the other cards, bends a lot.

Thanks I will look for the information on the Shadow card.