The Book of the Law Study Group 2.73

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
But is the connection between the building of the Pyramid and the finding of the lost Phallus clear now?

They are both different symbols pointing to the same Great Work.

Thanks Aeon, that is useful. By working with the 4 elements, does this imply specific magical work, or the 4 elemental grades, or both (or something else altogether)?

It's interesting to me also that we start with the masculine pyramid/phallus as an active expression, and begin a journey towards the city of pyramids, which seems more a description of a passive, feminine, tomb/womb.

Better than a city of phalluses I guess, though flights to cities which fit that description are well priced at the moment ;)

Aeon418

Grigori said:
Thanks Aeon, that is useful. By working with the 4 elements, does this imply specific magical work, or the 4 elemental grades, or both (or something else altogether)?
It's both. The building of the pyramid is a repeating pattern from beginning to end. A good example is the Neophyte and the Adeptus Minor Without of A.'.A.'.. Both are busy building and perfecting their elemental pyramids. But the scale is different in each case. The Neophyte, in Malkuth, is working with the microcosmic elements of him/herself. In due time this pyramid will be capped by the Vision of Adonai. The Adeptus Minor Without has repeated the same pattern, but on a more macrocosmic scale by going through the elemental grades. His/her pyramid will be capped by the K&C of HGA.

The Master of the Temple is different though. The previous steps were about building pyramids that needed capping by Spirit. The Master actually is the Capstone of a perfected Temple of Initiation. (Tomb/Womb)
Grigori said:
It's interesting to me also that we start with the masculine pyramid/phallus as an active expression, and begin a journey towards the city of pyramids, which seems more a description of a passive, feminine, tomb/womb.
The Brothers of A.'.A.'. (Third Order initiates) are Women. (Tomb/Womb)

The Aspirants to A.'.A.'. (Below the Abyss) are Men. (Building the Pyramid)
Liber LXV
5:51 Let not the failure and the pain turn aside the worshippers. The foundations of the pyramid were hewn in the living rock ere sunset; did the king weep at dawn that the crown of the pyramid was yet unquarried in the distant land?
The Tent is a similar symbol. Being an OTO initiate that should ring a few bells for you. A few tents were incorporated into the Thoth designs. Lon gives one away on his version of the Lovers. Yes, the Hermit in the Thoth Lovers card is doing a bloody good Tent impression. As is the Hierophant and the andrgyne on the Art card. And we must not forget the Devil, who's been know to make a few Tents in his time :laugh: And yes, that was a referrence to the Middle Pillar (Paths 32+25+13=70) disguised as a smutty joke. })

Now take a look at that classic photo of A.C. giving the sign of Amoun 7=4. ;)

Always Wondering

Grigori said:
Better than a city of phalluses I guess, ;)

Oh boy. That got my attention. :laugh: I fear I will be thinking in terms of punctuation all day.

AW

by zero

First of all this is "deem not of change" all over again.

Then:
death is fourbidden:
"Death! Death! [...] death. Death"
You have to die to the four worlds.

As an aside, in my mind this is supported by the Japanese shi, meaning
  1. four
  2. death

Moreover by overlaying verboten the clock is turned back to forboden, which almost seems to be a form of forebode.
Like it was always meant to be.

Now it becomes even more bizarre and obscure, stuttering and floundering in the face of Death,
proving again what a weird word and letter shuffler I am.
And don't you think I "believe" in any of this, because I'm not such a nutcase :D

Now that we have four,
unto thee
is close enough to one to three (1 2 3):
(w)unto th(r)ee
w + r missing
in Sepher Sephirot whe have

War (our hidden wr)
Mem-Lamed-Chet-Mem-He מלחמה​

Pleasure, delight
Ayin-Nun-Gimel ענג​

a holy war - with 231 close at hand - on holy ground.
(231, as we all know, being the number of combinations of the 22 letters with each other, forming the universe;
according to Bran O. Hodapp Lamed-Alef-Resh-Shin-Yod means "There are 231" in Hebrew,
while the reverse Yod-Shin-Resh-Alef-Lamed ישראל is - of course - Israel)

ah <chicken scratch> Death! Death!
=> aDD​
Divide add
=> (lat.) ad D​
multiply
=> DDdD​

There is a text block (cf. here) forming a 3x3 square with an empty center:
ah <...> Death
death.__Death
The length of
Moving into the center of this block we have th of death being 12, especially if you learned writing your numbers like this.

12, where is the 3?
Looking for help, the eyes turn upward, where the parents always used to be.
A mirrored 3 in the chicken-scratch-ah leads to a 3 in the word joyous

and understand
=> joyous is directly written under an and, stands under it​

Joy in Greek is Chi-Alpha-Rho-Alpha χαρα
wich can be transformed to the Hebrew Aleph-Resh-Caph ארך, meaning
  1. to last long
  2. long
  3. length

And of course you have your !!s again, up and down.

Aeon418

by zero said:
death is fourbidden:
"Death! Death! [...] death. Death"
You have to die to the four worlds.
I wonder if another interpretation of "o man" could be Ayin man? According to Liber Arcanorum the Empress "ever seeketh seventy to her four". Seventy is Ayin, which is also related to the Sephira Chesed via the NOX signs. (Sign of Amoun)

In the same way that death is the climax of life, the grade of 7=4 (Adeptus Exemptus/Chesed) mirrors this by being the end of the Phallic initiatory process. There's only one thing left to do after 7=4. Jump into the Abyss. Or, using the sexual metaphor, ejaculate.

by zero

Aeon418 said:
I wonder if another interpretation of "o man" could be Ayin man?
This is a cheap joke, but it could as well be "0 / none" then.
And it would better fit the following 123 in the text ...