7 of cups THOTH

patienceislove

Has anyone really paid attention to the drawings on this card?

i just looked at it today and i dont know why, but the photo looks like a womans reproductive organs.. like she is getting her period... it is shedding - starting a new cycle. then on top there is a female symbol.

Thoughts on how you see this?

Always Wondering

I often see the female reproductive organs in the cups. For me cups are are a basic symbol of many feminine qualities. I say feminine instead of female to make a gentle point. Men can be watery and passive as well.

Besides the imagine we have the astrological correspondences of Venus in Scorpio. Venus is also a symbol connected to the feminine. Venus governs natural love, beauty and drama. I can see these things also relating to the female reproductive system. Venus also rules Pisces which is connected to ATU XVIII, The Moon. Tell me that doesn't scream a woman's changing cycle.

The Golden Dawn key phrase for Scorpio is I Desire. Key word, Intensity. I think these things also fit. My favorite Scorpio trait relating to woman's period though is Irritable. Been there, done that. :laugh:

AW

patienceislove

thank you! this makes a lot of sense. irritable! LOL its funny bc i am in that phase at the moment and pulled this card... at first it didnt click until you mentioned it.

i just looked at the image and all i saw was a womans uterus...strange i know, but i guess sometimes our intuition is right on and we dont even know it!

=)))

scorpio is a good thing to know. i also didnt know that this card or any card aside from the courts and majors applied to astrological timing.

Thanks for helping!
I often see the female reproductive organs in the cups. For me cups are are a basic symbol of many feminine qualities. I say feminine instead of female to make a gentle point. Men can be watery and passive as well.

Besides the imagine we have the astrological correspondences of Venus in Scorpio. Venus is also a symbol connected to the feminine. Venus governs natural love, beauty and drama. I can see these things also relating to the female reproductive system. Venus also rules Pisces which is connected to ATU XVIII, The Moon. Tell me that doesn't scream a woman's changing cycle.

The Golden Dawn key phrase for Scorpio is I Desire. Key word, Intensity. I think these things also fit. My favorite Scorpio trait relating to woman's period though is Irritable. Been there, done that. :laugh:

AW

Always Wondering

Thank-you. I hadn't put it all together in my mind until you brought it up. I kept trying to fit in Pisces. I knew it had to be there, but I couldn't figure it out until I read up on Venus.

I just love these cards. But I have to read things over and over before they stick.

AW

Grigori

Scorpio's affinities include the genitals, which would fit also. I can certainly see one of this cards meanings being "sorry, no pregnancy".

Always Wondering

Good point Grigori. But you are the one who opened my eyes to the astrology of the Thoth. Thanks for that. :heart:

I was thinking from the other side. Yay, no pregnancy. But that didn't fit in so well. It just doesn't seem like much of a Yay card.

AW

Zephyros

Wow, I had never seen that before, but once you pointed that out, it's all I can see, and it really does make a lot of sense. I always see Debauch as kind of over-indulgence in feelings, too much of a good thing gone wrong, etc., which really makes sense in that the female aspects have traditionally signified emotions.

Good eyes, thanks for pointing that out!

patienceislove

thanks for everyone adding to this. it really has helped me understand this card a little better. it used to be when i saw it, me thinking, oh boy another horrible reading. Now that i can see it in different lights and apply it in different ways, i feel much better!