Pale Thoth

gregory

If it has no white borders on the backs, it is a "last of the white box" Thoths in a green box. And yes, quite a few of those are muddy prints. But they are also quite easy to find on ebay. Do the cards have a slightly GREEN tinge to them ?

Tzadkiel

Hi gregory,

I wouldn't say it's a "greenie"... no. But for example the backround on the "6 of Disks" is quite "rough" and the backround on "Lust" (Atu XI) is quite pale.

Think I have to get a new blue box Thoth too... %-)

Abrac

It's normal unfortunately. Those green-box Thoths run the gamut from dark to pale.

Storm82

I think Gregory is spot on. I have provided some scans as I recently found my 1986 large blue box Agmuller 'Thoth' in the garage. Oddly enough I have lost ablout three copies of this deck (with this one, I have found two of them lol). At any rate, the card with the lighter border in the scan is the 1986 and the darker bordered card is the 1996 large blue box Agmuller.

I notice that 1996 has lost much of it's blue/green/purple hues and the 1986 is paler in the reds/orange/yellow shades. Some of the cards such as 'The Chariot' and 'Lovers' look pretty much the same. Funny enough, the border is lighter on the front, but the back of the cards on the 1986 have a grey border instead of the current white.

Freddie

the blueish knight of cups i think looks very nice :)