Deck recommendations please

Carla

I have the purple box Thoth, the one with all the Magician cards. The box says 'US Games Printed in Belgium 1978,1983, 2006.' It's a smallish deck and the colours aren't particularly rich, but I do like the card stock and light lamination.

I would like a larger Thoth, with richer colours. Please could you recommend which version to look for, one that is readily available and relatively cheap to buy, please?

The Lon Milo DuQuette book is on its way to me--though it may be held up by the snow!

Richard

I love the green box. The coloring and card stock is about the same as the purple box, but it's bigger: 95x140 mm or 3.75x5.5 in. There's only one Magus, the one Le Fanu calls the Golden Surfer :D.

Flaxen

I have the green box too- same as the link you posted. I like the larger size for study and the colours are very rich.

My pocket size is for everyday use.

frac_ture

I have that green box edition, Carla, and I love it. The large size somehow seems appropriate for such a deep deck, and the artwork looks tremendous.

Carla

My green box standard Thoth arrived today and it is amazing the difference between this and the purple box! The colours are richer and the larger size makes a huge difference in my response to the cards. It's kind of strange really. They're just bigger and the colours look a bit more vibrant. But what a difference it makes. I love it!

Richard

My green box standard Thoth arrived today and it is amazing the difference between this and the purple box! The colours are richer and the larger size makes a huge difference in my response to the cards. It's kind of strange really. They're just bigger and the colours look a bit more vibrant. But what a difference it makes. I love it!
I feel the same way about mine. It's the version I should have had all along.

Penthasilia

If you can find one cheap- the 1986 Blue Box A edition AGM has the richest colors. I love mine. I have two- one trimmed and one with borders- and they are by far the nicest I have had. :)

Check out the Thoth comparison table on Tarot Garden: http://www.tarotgarden.com/library/decks/thothtable.php

You can see pics of the different types. :D

gregory

What she said. The ones being printed today- green and purple box both - are ALL printed in the same place in Belgium. The blue box ones from way back when are - just MUCH brighter.