Ape of Thoth flawed!

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Oh yes, and then some! Bourgeois, middle class values and Thelema just don't mix. :D

I've lost you Aeon, sorry, could you please explain what this comment means in reference to the part of my post you quoted?

Aeon418

ravenest said:
I've lost you Aeon, sorry, could you please explain what this comment means in reference to the part of my post you quoted?
Oh, I was just thinking of a few recent resignations/expulsions of some senior and long standing members and the reasons behind them. ;)
http://www.mindspring.com/~hellfire/bishop/statement.htm

I heard that the author, Gerald del Campo, got kicked out this week too. Very sad.

Abrac

Hi Lillie

I for one certainly don't think there is anything wrong with you or your deck (though looking at it now I can see how it might have come across that way). It just struck me as a queer that they would keep using that same OTO card all those years with the dead guy's name on it, and I was trying to think of any possible rationalization for it. That is what I find queer, not you or your deck. Every Thoth tarot I have seen that came before the latest version (with gray borders) has the same OTO card with HA's moniker. Why this is so, and what it means, as usual I have no clue. Just another interesting tidbit to store away for future reference. :)

Edge

Lillie said:
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
Or am I just paranoid?
Yeah, I suppose you do. In retrospect this comment was a bit out of place. I hereby submit an apology. My position is this, if a religious entity issues a document, esp. one considered to be a part of an official canon then UPDATE the name of the current recognized leader, in this case HA. This is of course just an opinion. What's interesting about this to me is if today one walks into a bookstore and purchases a Thoth deck the writing on the OTO card is completely different. It doesn't bear the name of the OHO of the order at all. I wonder when and why this practice was stopped. It's clear to me from looking at the Thoth tarot box itself (the ones issued today) that it has become more secularized. I wonder who's responsible for this? These are some of the things that run through my mind from time to time and I realize they may or may not be of interest to anyone else but they do relate to the Thoth tarot on many levels.:)

Abrac said:
It just struck me as a queer that they would keep using that same OTO card all those years with the dead guy's name on it, and I was trying to think of any possible rationalization for it.

This is EXACTLY my point but I have failed to properly communicate it.

Aeon418

Edge said:
I wonder when and why this practice was stopped. It's clear to me from looking at the Thoth tarot box itself (the ones issued today) that it has become more secularized. I wonder who's responsible for this?
This is just a guess. But it may be due to the fact that the OTO no longer has exclusive ownership of the Crowley estate. I believe this has been the case since the late 90's.

Lillie

Abrac said:
Every Thoth tarot I have seen that came before the latest version (with gray borders) has the same OTO card with HA's moniker. Why this is so, and what it means, as usual I have no clue. Just another interesting tidbit to store away for future reference. :)

Yeah.

This was my point too.
I have no idea why they did it either, but they did.
And as that deck was going out for so long it seemed that they had plenty of chances to change it, if they had wanted.

But don't ask me why they do these things.
I don't know.
I can't even figure out why they have these funny names for themselves.
And has already been said, when people write good, interesting stuff, it's a shame they don't put their proper name to it, so they can be credited as the writer of the interesting thing.
But there we go. worlds full of funny people doing funny things.

Like......

Ravenest. Your theory about the blank card!
I really cannot agree, and I think that you are talking out of your possums back side.
If you want a row about it....
See me here, tomorrow, bring a weapon.
(and some sandwiches)

ravenest

Lillie said:
Like......

Ravenest. Your theory about the blank card!
I really cannot agree, and I think that you are talking out of your possums back side.
If you want a row about it....
See me here, tomorrow, bring a weapon.
(and some sandwiches)

What? Eh...? How did this happen?

How do you even know I have a pet possom? Your the one that reckoned that the blank card was printed upside down!!@!%$#!. And all because of the print on the back being upside down ... turn the card around dumb-arse! You were holding it upside down!
May your hair be entangled with out of control flaming poi s !

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Oh, I was just thinking of a few recent resignations/expulsions of some senior and long standing members and the reasons behind them. ;)
http://www.mindspring.com/~hellfire/bishop/statement.htm

I heard that the author, Gerald del Campo, got kicked out this week too. Very sad.

Hmmm, that site is a statement and a half! The OTO is a pretty difficult beast to comprehend eg, I've read people complaining about some members not being magically up to the degree they hold, yet the OTO asserts it is an initiation system availible to all people (of age and sponsered) on demand! Thats gotta be an interesting one to work out!

GdC 'Kicked out' ? or quit? I wonder what he would have to have done to be kicked out?

Lillie

Ravenest...
Of course I know about your pet possum. It has been sending me obscene emails for quite a while now.
It has also been telling me some very interesting things about you!

The blank card (or as it should properly be called, the White card) has been in my thoughts a lot recently.
It seems obvious that they wouldn't have put it in if it wasn't important.
And yes, it does seem that they printed it upside down (or at leat mine is) I believe that all the blank cards that come with the upside down hex are also upside down.
Can't you tell that just by looking?

So not only are you wrong about that, you are also wrong about it's deeper significance.
Obviously it is meant as a counterpoint to the hex, and cannot be read without reference to 'the black card' (as it really ought to be called).

If the black card is magick at it's most deep and intense the white card is not (as you suggest) the love of 'love under will'. Instead it represents the solitary practices hinted at in Crowleys 'white stains'. An altogether different type of 'love'.
I will say no more about that, but I would imagine you know what I mean.

Anyhow, I don't know why you cannot see this. (or perhaps I do!)
Clearly I am right and correct in every respect, and I will brook no argument.

In fact I would go so far as to say that any Thoth deck is incomplete with out these two cards and a deep understanding of their significance.
An understanding that can only be reached though many years of deep meditation, research, and practical application of those solitary practices mentioned before.

I would also like to suggest that the card is not blank as is normally thought, but that it does have an emblem upon it, printed in pure white ink on a pure white background.
Perhaps only the pure of heart can see it?
And if the reports and habits of your possum are anything to go by, I doubt very much that you will ever be able to see it in all it's upside down glory.

star-lover

i dont know what an APE of thoth is (and i dont think i want to either lol)....i been looking at this thread title for days and thinking it meant ace of cups in the thoth tarot deck or something and was a spello and said ape instead of ace
RUNS
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>