The Return of the Beast!

Grigori

This weekend's paper had a two page biography (of sorts) on Crowley, in response to some recent building demolishment in Chancery Lane, London where Crowley lived in 1898 after leaving Camdridge.

Some idiot looking for a laugh, placed a human skull containing a lit candle, together with a pentacle made of twigs. Of course despite the fact that the candle was apparently burning, the newpaper still felt fit to report it as a remnant of Crowley's presence (complete with "intense atmosphere of evil" :rolleyes: ).

The of course there is a couple pages devoted to tales of sacrifice, necromancy, prostition, suicide, drugs and abuse. Now maybe I am a cynic, but surely someone who spent their life engaging in those sorts of activies could find better things to do as a ghost than light a candle in someones head and play with sticks in the dark :D

I guess this thread has no real question. I'm just ranting. Feel free to join in. Hell, maybe lets all suggest what we think Crowleys ghost would really be doing right now. If it was me, I would be paying a visit to a certain reporter })

GeorgiePorgie

Which newspaper Similia??

I think Crowleys ghost could have fun on these forums, I think his posts would be of the troublesome kind though, LOL.

Grigori

Sorry Georgie forgot to say :| It was in the QLD Sunday Mail, the centre "Sunday Extra" liftout. I tried to find the article online to link to, and you can see it at http://www.news.com.au/newspapers, but you have to join as a member and it seems pay by the article.

GeorgiePorgie

Bummer! Thanks anyway...

Lillie

That's so funny.

Someone with a sense of humour and a spare skull.

I wonder if our papers reported it?
The Sun would have had fun with that one.

Grigori

Hehehe. I imagine people with a sense of humor and a skull on hand are pretty rare :D

OK, I gave scanning the article a go for anyone who wants to have a read and cannot get their hands on the QLD Sunday Mail (29/01/06) . Its was a bit big for my scanner so is in three parts. Looks pretty small in your browser but if you save it and open in a picture viewer its easy to zoom and hopefully read.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/similia/crowley1.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/similia/crowley2.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/similia/crowley3.jpg

I wonder if they are the only three photos of Crowley out there or are they the ones also chosen cause he looks so pompous...

GeorgiePorgie

Thanks Similia, I skimmed through it and will read it later (3 kids peering over my shoulder going "who's that man - is that someone you know Mum" is not helping my concentration levels).

My warped mind equates Crowleys rapid "despise of fellow brethren" to a break up in a boy band, think Robbie Williams leaving Take That.... :)

Grigori

GeorgiePorgie said:
My warped mind equates Crowleys rapid "despise of fellow brethren" to a break up in a boy band, think Robbie Williams leaving Take That.... :)

hahahahahhaahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahaha :laugh:

I thought I was the only person who thought that Robbie Williams was a Crowley knock-off :D

Emily

Hi Lillie,

I was just thinking the same thing - The Sun would have probably plastered it over the front page lol.

I'll do a search later on to see if anything comes up in our newspapers.

Netzach

similia said:
Hell, maybe lets all suggest what we think Crowleys ghost would really be doing right now.

I am reminded of an incident involving Sir George Trevelyan. Sir George was a remarkable old boy who ran the Wrekin Trust, an organisation which ran conferences and seminars on subjects such as "health and healing", "mystics and scientists", reincarnation . . . in fact, anything to do with spirituality or complementary medicine.

I was at a Wrekin Trust conference on one occasion and heard two old ladies talking. Clearly they were spiritualists. Suddenly one said to the other "I can't wait for Sir George to die. We're going to get such wonderful messages."!!!!