Any thoughts on Aeon?

ravenest

Pisces / Nut a la Rosemary

“Nut is the last sign of the zodiac because she is the beginning and the end of the Sun’s circuitous path, * just as Pisces is depicted as the two fish (or two sycamore trees of Nut **) that face both directions in the sky.”

“In … Pisces, there is both conclusion to the cosmic journey and preparation for a new rhythm of experience, simultaneous endings and beginnings …(Nut) … gives birth to the soul on earth and welcomes the soul to the sky when it returns.”

“The water jar on her (Nut’s) crown symbolises the incubating womb that continuously brings incarnations to the initiate and allows the soul transition to new realms.”

Correspondences to Nut: Lapis lazuli, Indigo, Aluminium (Egyptian = Ibnu), Storax, Ambergris, Sycamore.

Principle; Augmentation, incubation, completion.
Function; Gestation.
Peace, recuperation, healing dreams, intuition. Assists conception, pregnancy, childbirth.
Rituals; The Offering of the Hours (a night vigil with ritual for each hour)

From Rosemary Clarke – Sacred Wisdom and Magic of Ancient Egypt.

[This is based on Egyptian New Kingdom astrology, hence Greek influenced.]

* Ref; Inscribed text, sarcophagus Seti I discloses solar journey of the soul through cosmic regions that culminates in a celestial rebirth through Nut.

* * Trees of Eternity?

Aeon418

Very interesting, ravenest. It certainly sheds light on the double loop diagram on page 11 of The Book of Thoth. Virgo - The Hermit - Yod - Hadit. ;)

Namaste

This discussion in this thread about the AC Aeon card is so enlightening and rewarding! Thank you, Ross, and everyone else, for your wonderful insights.

This Aeon reminds me of the Book of the Dead and the weighing of the human heart in the Hall of Ma'at, with Horus leading those found worthy to his father Osiris.

This is how I reconcile the notion of some form of judgment with AC's Aeon. The Osirian cycle obviously also brings the myth of Persephone to mind, so implicit in this judgment is the idea of rebirth; rebirth into the fulfillment of our initial, but untapped potential for enlightenment, perhaps? That self-awareness and first stirrings of enlightenment that will lead us to total awareness, embodied by The Universe?

Just a thought from an AC neophyte. :D

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Very interesting, ravenest. . ;)

I find this system very interesting, the way the Egyptian Neters are attributed to the signs of the zodiac. It works extremely well in reverse as well (presession) and may explain same larger Aeonic perspectives.
Like the progression in major trumps can go in either direction.