Moving on

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, I used to love my thoth deck for readings, but now It has no zest or excitment about it. This bothers me, and especially after I just bought my Tarot of ceremonial magick deck. The thoth makes me feel like I lost a buddy, but no feelings are coming from it. I am confused, never happened before. Does it mean I need to move on to my new deck? Can anyone relate? I wish I knew what the tarot spirits are doing, geeze....Sad. Thanks for any responses and opinions, they will help.

Serpenta

tink27

Hi Serpenta

I have several decks and I find each one has different clues and alternative views of focusing and empowering our thoughts and intuition. New cards have new potentials for growth in your awareness and perception. I'd say go with flow, enjoy your new cards that are so prominent right now and explore their uniqueness. The excitement of anything new causes what was in the recent past to fade in the background - for now. Thoth will be right there when you need it and when it 'fits' you.

tink

Grigori

Perhaps you could spend some time studying and reading with the Tarot of Ceremonnial Magick, and at some stage in the future come back to the Thoth and see how what you've learnt from the ToCM enriches the Thoth for you :)

Fulgour

take a vaction from the 20th century...

It may be time to consider Le Tarot de Marseille.
Lady Harris was certainly familiar with that deck.

SerpentaAzothi

Thanks guys all your thoughts helped, Yes I guess I shouldnt worry and go back to the thoth when I am ready, and yes I will learn new stuff and apply it to the thoth when that time comes, right now I am enamoured with my Ceremonial deck, darn it, its like a love affair. :) I have the marseilles deck, I dont use it cause it doesnt speak to me, I cant understand it in a way that other decks do. Well anyway, thanks for all your advice.

Serpenta

ravenest

Sure, take a break, what's the prob.? We even do it with relationships. Its okay, Thoth knows you still luv it :).
get into the TCM, its a strange one, It never really grabbed me, but there is something there? perhaps we could start a dialouge on TCM?

AbstractConcept

I'm trying to find TCM. I have the book, but not the cards. I like DuQuette's redrawing of the cards and his interepretations etc. Its funny how it seems more Thelemic than Thoth does (even thought its not more Thelemic, just more blatant).

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, You can get the TCM deck on amazon, last I checked it was $11.00. Yes I would love to get a dialog going on TCM sounds interesting. I definetly think there is something with TCM, its powerful to say the least. Everyone I chatted with on the deck before I bought it was that the graphics werent pretty, but I love them. They are my style of tarot graphics. I like the ancient looking look of tarot, this one fits the description to my standards. Yes looking forward to a dialog if you'd like, thanks for the comments, :)

Serpenta

SunChariot

Maybe it's just like a relationship with someone you're dating and mabye it's just normal and not something you need to worry about. I just think that maybe you got worried when you stopped feeling the same excitement, and that nervousness is blocking what you feel now.

Maybe it was all normal though, in the begining of a relationship things are more exciting, as you know nothing about the person (deck) involved, it's a period of discovery and uncertainly (how will they/it react to me, how will I react to them/it)....then after a while you get to know each other and become able to predict how they/it will react, to know what to expect.

Predictabilty and knowing what to expect are parts of getting to know someone/something better. You know how they/it things, it's personal psychology. But that is not a bad thing in any way.

In a relationship when that initial period of excitement ends, comes the good times. The times of deepening love, of knowing you can always depend on the person (deck) in good times as well as bad, the accumulation of a series of beautiful memories together.

I just think that you entered another phase, and that is where you are heading now.

BTW, I think a good idea might be to ask. Do a reading to ask how you and the Thoth can feel like friends again, or phrase it how you would like. Even if you have to do it with another deck, just ask.

Babs

Nevada

This happens to me with Thoth (my all-time favorite and my second-ever deck), and other favorite decks, periodically. Don't worry about it. Use something else and give it a rest for a while. You'll know when it's time to pick it up again. I've been in one of those Thoth lulls lately myself.

Nevada