unlaminated playing card decks?

shanebarry

have ya tried asking a local professional printers?
you could always design your own on your computer and email it too them to print on card and get lamented afterwards?
havent done it myself im sure they could do it for you tho!
worth asking anyways!
had to get cvs done and they can do wonders!

Le Fanu

Ooooh! I love those Pharo cards! They'd be PURRFECT for my steampunk ensemble...

Le Fanu, I'll be sending you a box in about a week anyway... If you're desperate, I could probably slip a pack in... ;)
Oh wow! Seriously, if you can locate a deck effortlessly I'd love one (or a couple). Or would you want me to order? Let me know by PM how much it is and I can pay you. If it's no trouble. Seriously. And if you're buying for yourself, I'd quite like a couple (if it's no hassle). Let me know the price - one or two decks - and add a bit on for postage. :heart:

tarotmama

So I have the Pharo cards now...

I can imagine that in no time they will be worn down... but there is a certain charm to them. They are little more than cardstock. The box suggests to put them in a card press after use and that they used to get trimmed when the edges wore down, so that it was common to have a deck with different sized cards.

I think if they were larger than poker sized, they'd be to floppy, but I *can* shuffle them... so this might work. I don't plan on marking mine up -- I bought them for a prop. But I don't think you'll have any problem writing on them with pen or pencil, Le Fanu. The surface is like paper.

Le Fanu

So I have the Pharo cards now...

I can imagine that in no time they will be worn down... but there is a certain charm to them. They are little more than cardstock. The box suggests to put them in a card press after use and that they used to get trimmed when the edges wore down, so that it was common to have a deck with different sized cards.

I think if they were larger than poker sized, they'd be to floppy, but I *can* shuffle them... so this might work. I don't plan on marking mine up -- I bought them for a prop. But I don't think you'll have any problem writing on them with pen or pencil, Le Fanu. The surface is like paper.
Perfect! Now I'm thinking up a concise meaning/concept that I can use for each card. Thank you. Do you think ink /rollerball would work or might it blot?

tarotmama

It's very much like the cardstock you would purchase at a craft shop to make cards, for example. The backs seem to have more sheen than the front. It's very matte. I don't think ink would run.

I think they will definitely get grungy if you spend a lot of time with them. But then in a few years you'll be able to pass them off as antique cards and sell them on ebay for a hundred bucks ;) tee hee!