Is there a list of companies that blacklist fortune tellers?

Midnite

Although my add hasn't personally been pulled yet, the word through the grapevine is that Etsy will no longer be allowing tarot readings or other "services" that aren't a physical product. One person I heard from said he logged on this morning to find 40 of his listings taken down, although I don't know what those listings were.

So, if you're doing readings on Etsy.....might want to find another market soon.

I'd be interested to know if this actually happens. So far a similar rumour has been circulating strongly for over 1.5 years now. I remember someone actually contacting Etsy about this and Etsy replied saying it was completely false. Etsy said as long as you add a tangible item to the reading (such as a PDF or written document) then it's fine. Perhaps things are changing? Please keep us posted if you hear any more.

BTW, eBay Australia has completely banned any sort of readings, spells, etc. If you try to sell a tangible item with a 'free' reading as an extra you will be in trouble. There aren't any loopholes anymore. You can however put up a classified ad for about $20 a month.

Sulis

I've just searched Etsy for 'tarot reading' and got 6,771 results so it doesn't look as if they're stopping people from doing readings there..

seven stars

By the sounds of it, from what I can see, if you post that the reading includes something physical, like, a PDF & a photo, then you're OK. But it's all so weird, it's like, all these places it's just up to someone's whim.

The Happy Squirrel

Etsy has recently gone for public listing. I wonder if this changes things.....

jolie_amethyst

From the Daily Dot: http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/etsy-witchcraft-ban/

Recently, however, Etsy quietly adopted new guidelines that prohibit the sale of spells and hexes. According to its new rules, “any metaphysical service that promises or suggests it will effect a physical change (e.g., weight loss) or other outcome (e.g., love, revenge) is not allowed, even if it delivers a tangible item.”

Article includes links to other info including a discussion on the etsy forums and briefly references Tarot.

(I'm also thinking some crystal & mineral sellers are going to need to adjust their listings if "suggests" is going to be the standard enforced. Hmm...)

Edit: from an Etsy rep on that forum thread...

"At Etsy, we believe in freedom of thought, expression, and religion. You may sell astrological charts, tarot readings, and other tangible objects, as long as you are not making a promise that object will effect a physical change or other outcome, such as weight loss, love, or revenge. Medical drug claims or claims of a medical cure are also not allowed."

seven stars

Thank you - I JUST this minute read this:

Here's what Etsy says: "Metaphysical shops may remain on Etsy as long as they comply with our policies. Our policy on spell-related items has been clarified, which you can see here: www.etsy.com/help/article/4524. To be clear, this is not a ban on all metaphysical items. At Etsy, we believe in freedom of thought, expression, and religion. You may sell astrological charts, tarot readings, and other tangible objects, as long as you are not making a promise that object will effect a physical change or other outcome, such as weight loss, love, or revenge. Medical drug claims or claims of a medical cure are also not allowed."
Can I Sell Services on Etsy? - Etsy Help
In general, services are not allowed to be listed or sold on Etsy. There are a few exceptions noted below that are allowed as they produce a new, tangible, physical item.
ETSY.COM