ace of pents rx + wheel of fortune for a new marriage?

Sibylline

These were the two central cards in a celtic cross spread, and I'm running around in circles on how to interpret them. You help is greatly appreciated!

This was a spread for a man who was recently married, and the rest of the cards in the spread were worrisome. In other words, they weren't cards I'd expect to see in a happily married man. PS: I'm not personally involved in the situation.

Deck: Universal Rider Waite with reversals

His situation: Ace of pents rx

This is the first time I've gotten the ace of pents rx card for a new marriage, so this one really threw me for a loop.

I usually get this card for rejection. But, how is that possible in a new marriage? This could also mean lack of commitment, and I see a ring slipping off a finger. But, I got the strong sense that he's "pushing something down" to bury it. So is this marriage a sham wedding to cover something up? Is he trying to "shut down" something that he doesn't want to come to light? Or does this simply mean that he's taken now that he's married?

Crossing his situation: Wheel of fortune upright
Good fortune surrounding his marriage? Or is this about the marriage already has it's "ups and downs"? It could just mean that the wedding was "good fortune" and he's now "taken" (ace of pents rx). If this is a block, then I'm super stumped!

I could really use some fresh eyes on these two cards. Thoughts?

rwcarter

AP Rx - he might feel like he's on shaky ground.

Wheel as cross - he's having issues accepting the turn that his life has taken.

Rodney

Sibylline

AP Rx - he might feel like he's on shaky ground.

That could be it. Other cards in the spread support that the marriage isn't built on solid ground.

Wheel as cross - he's having issues accepting the turn that his life has taken.

Rodney

I can see that. He was a bachelor for a long time and married later in life to a woman 13 years his junior.

I have to wonder if the issues are about a) unhappy that the marriage is off to a shaky start or b) that his bachelorhood is over and feels shaky about this massive change in his life.

Something that just came to me....WoF as cross = midlife crisis?

rwcarter

I can see that. He was a bachelor for a long time and married later in life to a woman 13 years his junior.
A long-term bachelor is probably going to have a very hard time getting used to having a wife and all the responsibilities that being in a relationship entails, especially when you're living together. His firm foundation has been flipped upside down, therefore the AP Rx.

I have to wonder if the issues are about a) unhappy that the marriage is off to a shaky start or b) that his bachelorhood is over and feels shaky about this massive change in his life.

Something that just came to me....WoF as cross = midlife crisis?
Marriage, a younger wife, fitting a new person into your space or fitting the two of you into a new space, and a midlife crisis are all turns that life can take (Wheel) and that can cause tension when one is already feeling that nothing is steady in their life.

Rodney

Sibylline

Many thanks for your clarification, Rodney. Very much appreciated!

His firm foundation has been flipped upside down, therefore the AP Rx.

I like the succinct way you stated this. Making a note in my journal with your AP rx interpretation.

Marriage, a younger wife, fitting a new person into your space or fitting the two of you into a new space, and a midlife crisis are all turns that life can take (Wheel) and that can cause tension when one is already feeling that nothing is steady in their life.

Wow, this really cleared it up for me. I was having so much trouble interpreting a (generally) positive card as a crossing card or a block in a new marriage. Considering the WoF as a cause for tension helped me contextualize it in relation to the AP rx.

Anyone else want to take a stab at this card combo? Do you see the AP rx as a marriage situation in another way?

ana luisa

Ok. Take this interpretation with a grain of salt but I saw two things happening with the couple. One has to do with kids. Something related to being parents. It may be that one is willing to embrace the situation and the other isn't, hard to tell. Something else I saw was related to finances. There is a worry and indication that things may get ugly in that department. With just two cards it would be irresponsible to say what kind of problem money is causing. But it seems to be one of the thorns in the marriage.

Sibylline

Ok. Take this interpretation with a grain of salt but I saw two things happening with the couple. One has to do with kids. Something related to being parents. It may be that one is willing to embrace the situation and the other isn't, hard to tell. Something else I saw was related to finances. There is a worry and indication that things may get ugly in that department. With just two cards it would be irresponsible to say what kind of problem money is causing. But it seems to be one of the thorns in the marriage.

Thanks for your reply. I'd love to know how you got all that from two cards :bugeyed:

The overwhelming message I got from my spread is that "there's trouble in paradise."

Kids: Wow, Ana Luisa, you saw one huge controversy in this marriage! Both husband and wife are living within a very traditional culture that shames people if there are children outside of wedlock (even his career would be at stake). There is suspicion all around that the guy had a "shotgun" wedding--marrying her only because she might be pregnant because they are so mismatched in almost every way. He has denied it to everyone, but those rumors have really caused him a lot of heartbreak and worry.

What's really confusing me is whether the AP rx indicates hiding a pregnancy. I could be wrong, but I don't see a pregnancy in the cards, though.

I'm seeing some issues with wanting children in the rest of the spread but, like you said, it's hard to tell from 2 cards. It's like they both wanted kids before they got married, but something has gone down since the wedding that made one party rethink children. If they have a child together, then he will feel obligated to stay in the marriage for the sake of the kid. In fact, the culture is so conservative that they are expected to have children. Perhaps the WoF could mean he's "tied" to his fate?

Finances: Yes, I think there is something happening here with finances. The guy is far more financially successful than her. I don't see her as a gold digger (I could be wrong), but I do see some kind of financial arrangement in the cards.

Grizabella

The reversed Ace of Pentacles, if I were reading the cards, would mean he didn't marry her for any financial reward, he just married her because he loves her.

The Wheel of Fortune isn't surprising because things do change a whole lot for both people when a wedding takes place. There's always a time of adjustment from being alone to having to scooch over and make room for another person in your life. Compromises are definitely necessary and that's a big change.

Was this a reading you did at the man's request or just a reading for curiosity's sake as to how the marriage will unfold? It could mean something different in each case is why I ask. :)

Sibylline

The reversed Ace of Pentacles, if I were reading the cards, would mean he didn't marry her for any financial reward, he just married her because he loves her.

I hope that's the case. :) I'm guessing that you're not seeing him grab the AoP; therefore, the marriage is based on love. The Knight of Cups rx appeared in his conscious thoughts, but I might post a more complete reading in the Readings section since we're talking 2 cards here.

The Wheel of Fortune isn't surprising because things do change a whole lot for both people when a wedding takes place. There's always a time of adjustment from being alone to having to scooch over and make room for another person in your life. Compromises are definitely necessary and that's a big change.

I agree with your WoF interpretation. Marriage can, indeed, make someone's world change overnight. I saw good fortune there, but the combo with the AoP rx really baked my noodle. That's the first time I've seen that combo for a marriage in 20 yrs of reading. :bugeyed:

Was this a reading you did at the man's request or just a reading for curiosity's sake as to how the marriage will unfold? It could mean something different in each case is why I ask. :)

Done for another person's curiosity as to how it will unfold for the couple. She's hoping for good news that all will be well with the marriage. I wanted to check it out with you folks first because I have my doubts about what I saw.

ana luisa

Finances: Yes, I think there is something happening here with finances. The guy is far more financially successful than her. I don't see her as a gold digger (I could be wrong), but I do see some kind of financial arrangement in the cards.

Thank you for replying :) And no, I didn't feel this as an arranged marriage of convenience. But money will play a pivotal importance in the harmony of this couple. It already is, it seems. I agree with you, nothing terrible but there seems to be some trouble brewing in paradise.