Who bought the incomplete greenie on ebay ?

daphne

I mean like the right-hand one in Oink's pictures. But I don't know if there's a particular box or print version to aim for to make sure to get darker colors... someone else might know more about the probabilities involved. Le Fanu perhaps, or gregory.

Now I want to go check out this greedy eBay bidder.

Well, now, looking more at her picture, the right one indeed looks much more better than the greenie. I just love color green, that is why I thought I would like it more. But now I think I`ll prefer the richer colors. I`m a color-junkie. Too bad the newer editions are so dull!

Le Fanu

Pure luck. They say the 1986 3 Magus edition has richer colours, but I have various decks in exactly the same box (the 2 of Disks U.S Games box) and there is colour variation.

Just striking lucky. No other advice. The difference is slight but it is definitely there. It's in the blues that you can tell; the Magus card, Knight of Cups...

I bought one off amazon 2nd hand to trim and when it arrived (without a box) it had the richest colours of all so I didn't trim it. I also bought one with the green 2 of Disks box, very rich colours, then bought two more in exactly the same box and they were slightly paler.

Le Fanu

Too bad the newer editions are so dull!
No, really, they're fine. The Thoth does well. I always say we should count ourselves lucky that Thoth production has stayed with AG Muller. If it had fallen into the hands of U.S Games for the printing then we would be complaining.

daphne

Pure luck. They say the 1986 3 Magus edition has richer colours, but I have various decks in exactly the same box (the 2 of Disks U.S Games box) and there is colour variation.

Just striking lucky. No other advice. The difference is slight but it is definitely there. It's in the blues that you can tell; the Magus card, Knight of Cups...

I bought one off amazon 2nd hand to trim and when it arrived (without a box) it had the richest colours of all so I didn't trim it. I also bought one with the green 2 of Disks box, very rich colours, then bought two more in exactly the same box and they were slightly paler.

So I should try the green 2 of disk box, at least they are more than the old ones.

Oink

Thank you very much! Your greenie is pale one, isn`t it, I mean not "broccoli"-type?
I don't honestly know - it's the only one I have, so I don't have anything to compare it to. :)

daphne

No, really, they're fine. The Thoth does well. I always say we should count ourselves lucky that Thoth production has stayed with AG Muller. If it had fallen into the hands of U.S Games for the printing then we would be complaining.

Nice, good to know! I`m completely new to Thoth. I am just starting to look around what to buy.

Oink

Here's another side-by-side comparison, this time between two medium-sized decks (the cards I posted above were from large decks). On the left is a 1986 Swiss from a white OTO box; on the right is the USG purple box. Both of these decks contain the 3 versions of the Magus. If having those alternate Magus cards is important to you, it'll be a lot more affordable to get them in this size of deck. There was only one printing of the large edition that included them - Tarot Garden refers to it as "Large Swiss Blue Box A".

Attachments

• thoth-white_box_86_swiss-vs-usg_purple_box-1.jpg
    thoth-white_box_86_swiss-vs-usg_purple_box-1.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 72

daphne

Here's another side-by-side comparison, this time between two medium-sized decks (the cards I posted above were from large decks). On the left is a 1986 Swiss from a white OTO box; on the right is the USG purple box. Both of these decks contain the 3 versions of the Magus. If having those alternate Magus cards is important to you, it'll be a lot more affordable to get them in this size of deck. There was only one printing of the large edition that included them - Tarot Garden refers to it as "Large Swiss Blue Box A".

Hehe, LEFT one is nicer.:)