R/W/S – University Books vs. University Press...

Tarot dance

I hope this is the right forum for this question, if not I apologize now… :?: :*

Are the University Books and University Press R/W/S the same deck?

I have the R/W/S/ with the pink back with Anhk, which I had always thought were University Press but I have also heard this deck referred to as University Books.

Can anyone clarify this for me… :confused:

Holly’s Rider-Waite’s page identifies as University Press…..

Is there a difference between the U Books & U Press decks?

Thanks in advance…. :thumbsup:

rwcarter

This is the correct forum in which to discuss the RWS deck, it's creators, etc. :)

The pink ankh backed deck was put out by University Books, who also put out the hardback Pictorial Key to the Tarot with color plates in the late 50s. I think University Press is a typo, although one that's used a lot. I'll have to look at all of my copies of the University ______ edition to see if any of them actually say Press. I'm pretty sure they all say Books.

Tarot dance

Thank you, please let me know what yours say. I inherited my deck from a friend that bought it in the late 60's or early 70's. He did not remember exactly. It did not come with a box. My friend has since passed and I value the deck greatly. He went to extra effort to make sure I had the deck before he passed. He knew of my obsession with Tarot.

Thanks again...

Glitterbird

Mine says University books.