Ace of swords reversed?

Klur

I did a 3 card spread and asked if I will have children, and I got the ace of swords reversed as my future card. I have read that the ace of swords can denote pregnancy.. but if it's reversed? Could it point to infertility?? Unfortunately I didn't take note of the cards that came up with it!

LovelyMissAries

I did a 3 card spread and asked if I will have children, and I got the ace of swords reversed as my future card. I have read that the ace of swords can denote pregnancy.. but if it's reversed? Could it point to infertility?? Unfortunately I didn't take note of the cards that came up with it!

Honestly I think any of the Aces can represent pregnancy because they're all representing a new beginning of something. Ace of Swords reversed may indicate you're not in touch with what you really want. Or you may be, but this isn't something you're open and upfront about with those you know, love, are close to, etc. For instance if you're dating someone right now and they either have no idea or are under the assumption you don't want children.

Zephyros

Like LovelyMissAries, i think that any Ace can, in the proper constellation of cards, could represent pregnancy, as it represents the seed or essence of its suit and elements, but each Ace could hint at another answer, another aspect.

Swords represent though in all its variations and configurations. I would take an Ace of Swords reversed here to hint at other questions, that perhaps are not being thought of or other issues. For example, perhaps the Ace is referring not to whether you'll have children, but if you should at this time, with a certain person, or any other issues that may need taking care of before having them. I think it's not really answering your question, but hinting that you may not be asking the right one.

LovelyMissAries

Like LovelyMissAries, i think that any Ace can, in the proper constellation of cards, could represent pregnancy, as it represents the seed or essence of its suit and elements, but each Ace could hint at another answer, another aspect.

Swords represent though in all its variations and configurations. I would take an Ace of Swords reversed here to hint at other questions, that perhaps are not being thought of or other issues. For example, perhaps the Ace is referring not to whether you'll have children, but if you should at this time, with a certain person, or any other issues that may need taking care of before having them. I think it's not really answering your question, but hinting that you may not be asking the right one.

Yes, exactly!

Thirteen

Tarot Is NOT good for Yes/No Questions!

Ace of Swords as pregnancy? I've never heard that. Where did you read this? Ace of Pents and sometimes the Ace of Cups are the Aces associated with pregnancy. If one wants to go with the yin/yang of the Aces, then I, personally, would read Ace/Swords and Ace/Wands for the male. Meaning infertility would be on the guy's side, not the woman's.

But I think it's simpler than that. Tarot cards rarely predict too far ahead. 30-90 days is typical. I think all the guys you're going to be with in that time will use protection and not get you pregnant. So. No kids in the immediate future.

Here's my advice by the way. You asked a yes/no question. And that not the best way to use Tarot Cards because tarot cards are complex, in-depth and layered. Their answers are rarely so definitive as "yes/no." For example, what if you fall in love with a guy who is infertile? He can't give you kids, but you still can still have kids by way of artificial insemination if you want or adopt. The Tarot Cards take all this into account when answering your question. So what's the answer to your question? Are you fertile and able to have kids? Technically, yes, but in practice no because your husband can't give you any. Yet you can adopt and so have kids, but those won't be biologically yours.

So. What should the cards tell you if you ask "will I have kids?" Yes? No? Yes?

Tarot Cards are all about "Yes...but." Or "Not really...however..." Because you can look at the answer and, often, do something about it. There are fertility drugs, and artificial insemination, and adoption and fostering and all sorts of ways to "have a kid." So while this message may seem disappointing, it isn't' a yes, no, or even a warning of infertility. It is a complex response that says you might find yourself in a situation where your desire for children takes a bit more work and thought to achieve than just a wild night of unprotected sex.

Putting it another way, Tarot doesn't predict the future, it simply says "here's what's most likely right now" (right now being within 30-90 days). Decide what you really want, work at it, and you could change that outcome." Meaning that three months from now, you may ask that question again and get the Ace/Pentacles upright. At which point, you'll need to take care about having unprotected sex as you might get pregnant. Doesn't mean you will, just that it's likely if you're not careful.

Yes?

Aladdin

I doubt that the reversal of this sword here makes any difference at all.

Trogon

I would definitely agree with what Thirteen said. Adding that you may want to wait a week and then do a new reading, but phrase it differently. Asking closed yes/no questions doesn't really allow the Tarot to do what it does best and that is to help you with exploring your inner self, your desires, blockages, motivations and fears. And yes, the Tarot can give you a snapshot of your possible future. By "snapshot" I mean that it can show you where you might be headed at any given point in time if you or other influences don't change. And, as Thirteen said, looking much beyond a couple of months is rather problematic because of all the constantly changing variables.

So, when you get ready to do another reading on the direction of your life and/or relationship, you might want to keep all of this in mind. In the meantime, contemplate the Ace of Swords reversed in terms of what you've learned here. A more open-ended question in reference to "relationships" or "family" might work out better and give you deeper insight than that initial "yes/no" question.

The Aces are important cards as the beginning of each suit, they kind of represent everything that follows, they represent the beginning of everything that follows within the suit. As such they are also very complex. To me, the reversed Aces also represent quite a large difference between the upright and the reversed meanings. The Ace of Swords is about thinking. In the context of your question, my first thought was that the Ace of Swords-rx may be telling you that, while you feel you want children, you may not have given the issue of children, relationship and future enough thought. However, as I said, that was just my first thought and is certainly open to debate! :D

I personally feel that such an important topic as having a family is best approached with the more open-ended approach that has been suggested. A simple "am I going to have children" doesn't address the questions of "how should I prepare for having a family", "what should I be looking for in a mate", and other such topics. These are the kinds of things that Tarot is very good at helping us to find out about.

In the instances (other than this perhaps) where you feel that a simple yes/no answer is best you do have other options. My preferred method for these types of questions is the use of a pendulum. The pendulum is an excellent too for working on yes/no questions and a few other things of that sort. (I also have about an 85% correct success rate on predicting the sex of a child that an expectant mother, with my elk-antler pendulum. :D) If you're interested in pendulums, there is a good discussion in this thread (which I contributed to :)): http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=11345. Another good (though relatively short) thread is here; http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=13906. Of course this is all assuming you want to delve into looking at yes/no questions more. However, do keep in mind that, as we have already discussed, you may need to use the Tarot to delve deeper on many questions, rather than asking simple yes/no questions of a pendulum.

I do hope all of this has been of some help. :D

minotaur

OK...that advice from XIII is excellent and very practical. I'm going to ignore it for a second to share a thought probably not so practical...

I suppose you are thinking about an upright Ace of Swords as an upright willy...happy to see you. OK...that is the Ace of Wands but for purposes of this thread it is the Ace of Swords...meanings aren't written in stone. If a card is saying something to you, then that is what it means.

Looking at the reversed Ace of Swords and thinking...if the Ace of Swords is taken as a phallic symbol here the reversed Ace of Swords has the hand on the business end. In other words, he's doing the laundry at home and doesn't need to go out to the laundromat. So...no baby for now.

I do agree that this is the wrong kind of question to ask the tarot. Maybe a couple hundred years ago (or still now in some places of the world) women were just baby machines. With farming being the main survival skill children were needed for help.

Nowdays how many babies, if any, should be under your control. If you don't want babies you don't need the tarot's permission. Go to the drug store and take care of business.

More important is the question, or in this case the emotion behind the question. If I were asked that question in a reading I would want to go in to what emotions you were experiencing that made you want to ask the question in the first place.