Bella Sara Cards

cardlady22

Bella Sara 'homemade' oracle- trade?

OK, I'm hooked on these things now. My local bookstore was selling the booster packs for $3-5. Found an online store priced at $1.50 each! Anybody interested in putting together a trade/sell list for duplicates or cards with the codes already used?

Satori

LOL, great idea cardlady. I'm glad other people think these are special. I keep looking at them thinking they are really ingenious. I guess a lady from Scandinavia came up with the idea.

cardlady22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bella_Sara has a pretty good overview of the sets and how many cards were in each, but when I go to the official Bella Sara world/site, I don't find checklists for the earlier ones.

The 2 Magical Friends boosters I opened did include an extra card with the checklist printed on it.

2 of the blister packs had 3 boosters in each- 2 were Ancient Lights (Greek/Roman) and 1 was Northern Lights (Scandinavian).

I got 2 of the Native Lights. (Native American style & names)

The online store had some Series 1 and 2, so I ordered 4 each of them. Also got another 4 Ancient Lights and another 3 Northern Lights.

ETA: I found a Yahoo! Group that has the checklists as PDFs, so I know they got released at some point. They have stopped keeping up with it as the file size ballooned. Each list has a page poster to print.

silverwings94

Just found this thread and they sound wonderful. Any idea exactly how many cards there are suppose to be?

cardlady22

So far, there have been 6 sets released (in the US) with an average of 55 cards per set. The last couple went over 70. From what I can tell, there are some horses that appear in more than one set. The "flavor text" saying is always the same, but the artwork might be different.

The official website has checklists, Bellapedia, etc (if you join)

Satori

Wow cardlady, you are truly taking hold of this and running with it. My daughters both have a huge assortment of the cards and I do have several checklists as well....and we haven't even begun to enter the codes yet. The kids tells me that once they enter their codes, I can have the cards!

Have you tried using these for any kind of divination yet???

cardlady22

Satori said:
Wow cardlady, you are truly taking hold of this and running with it.

My daughter was literally squealing with each new pony . . . for about the first 15. Now she says she'll enter the codes in small numbers very spread out. You have to feed & groom the online ones you know! Now she says, "Mom, you really like Bella Sara more than me!"

I think I have enough to start compiling a deck. Once I get things set, I'll run over to the Readings forum & let you guys teach me how to read for others. It will probably stay at a 3-card spread to begin.

Re: waiting til they enter the codes
Just make them a little spreadsheet or list!

cardlady22

sorting the card details . . .

OK, I've been poring over the checklists and I think I've got this breakdown of the sets (available in the US, not sure about Europe/Intl.)

*Each set has Common and Rare cards. There are also Shiny/Foil versions of the rares, but their "affirmations" are the same.

*I do not have a list of the Promo cards yet. I know that the gift tins and the Nintendo game have an exclusive horse. The 3 we have are
Boreas, Muskogee
Excelsior

Series 1 ~ Silver border: 45 individual horses
2nd Series ~ Gold border: 46 new individual horses
Ancient Lights ~ pink border: 41 new individual horses
Northern Lights ~ blue border: 28 new individual horses
Native Lights ~ lavendar border: 41 new individual horses
Magical Friends ~ purple border: 70 new individual horses
Baby Bella ~ green border: 53 new individual horses

Note: the Baby Sella set introduces 22 "pairs" of parents, which I am assuming have different affirmations even though they have all been featured individually.

Note: the Magical Friends set has 12 "friend" cards that are quite unusual animals, but they do not have any sayings on them.

So, we have about 356 affirmations to collect/choose from when designing our oracles.

And for plain collector info (with all 7 sets mentioned here) there are 54 "thing" cards (again, no sayings) that feature riding equipment, objects, etc. ~ Energy or Toy Cards

. . . . . to be continued . . . . .

ETA: my little spreadsheet is showing 315 horses, 22 sets of parents, and 66 Friend/Energy/Toy cards.

So, I have to revise the number of affirmations to 340.
*Bella, Fiona, Jewel & Thunder appear in every series!
ETA: It appears that they do different artwork for these. I wish they did card scans somewhere so I could compare & get the "best" one!

And, they just posted info about a new series "Bella Sara Treasures" coming Mar 09.

cardlady22

my PDF compilation checklist is available!

For those of you who are interested, I converted my spreadsheet to a 10 page (52 KB) PDF document. Just let me know.

ETA: I can't do attachments here on AT.

cardlady22

The spreadsheet has been revamped now that the new Treasures set is out!

Again, I'm sure I don't have all the Promos listed, but it comes to about
349 single horse cards
22 parents/couple cards
71 items and "friends" cards

ETA: That brings us to over 371 affirmations so we could even assign a Card A Day for the year!

I have 206 of the single horses; 9 of the parents/couple; 12 of the item/friends.