Why the Faeries Oracle?

GadgetGirl

Essjay said:
You're right - I was pretty much there!

I love Tithe but I actually think that The Iron King may be better - I really enjoyed it. The Froud faeries actually look (as I imagine) like the ones from Tithe/Iron King.

Thanks TarotLaura - I'm not sure why I've waited so long :)

Who wrote The Iron King please? I've had a look on BookDepository and there's a couple on there with that name, both with different authors.

GadgetGirl

GadgetGirl said:
Who wrote The Iron King please? I've had a look on BookDepository and there's a couple on there with that name, both with different authors.

OK. Found it ta. :)

Essjay

GadgetGirl said:
OK. Found it ta. :)

Sorry, it would have helped if I'd have mentioned it :) Julie Kagawa!

And to keep me on topic - I honestly think that the curious type of faeries in this book would look just like the ones in this deck - it's as far away from pretty dresses and wings as you could possibly get.

ellirhyn

I think the FO is a much more realistic representation of the Fae. I love the deck because these fae are not afraid of the dark, they are there to guide you through the dark, (or to push you into the dark to wake you up out of whatever stupor you may be in!) as well as to show you the way to light. The Fae help us all be more of who and what we are, if we allow them to.
I have never seen them as little frilly pillywiggins. I have always seen wildness, true neutral balance as well as a whiff of enigma.
Honestly, I don't know where I would be without their friendship. These are beings that are not afraid to tell you the truth, whether we want to hear it or not. They also know how to temper it with play and fun and gentleness (if needed).
I cannot wait for the new deck, I think the two will compliment each other. What a party it will be! :D

Amashelle

I have to agree that Frouds fae are not like the frilly fluff-bunny type fairy decks out there (like Doreen Virtue's, for example) in that they are so much more REAL. They're earthy and ethereal (I realize that's something of an oxymoron, but it's true of this deck).

Also, the deck as a whole has so much more balance to it than other fairy decks. It's not all young and pretty women in elaborate dresses with silver or golden wings, it's got darkness in it: not the 'run for your life' type of darkness, but the darkness of life. Gloominous Doom mopes with us in our depressions, but Laiste and Lys will help push us through those stages. Ta'Om smiles behind his grey, poetic mask, seducing us with sonnets and odes and haikus (he reminds me of those 'artists' who dress all in black and sit in coffee or wine bars and recite beautiful, colourful poetry).The Oak Men plod slowly, taking their time with everything, but Taitin grins as she dives headfirst into everything from a new book to a dangerous adventure. What I'm trying to say is that the FO encompases so much more than other oracles, especially other fairy oracles, because it has such a diversity of characters.

GadgetGirl

FAERIES ARE IN THE HOUSE! They came this morning all the way from the UK. :D

What an absolutely stunning book that comes with them. Beautiful quality.

Right I'd better go and meet them. Ta Ta For Now.